Flexy 205 - Cell Modem Connection Issue

Hello all,

I have 2 Flexy 205s with FLB-3205 cards (4G North America Cell Modems) both of them are new.

I’m trying to get the cellular internet connection working and having some troubles. I have been able to send text messages, so the units are partially working. I have confirmed that data is working on both SIM cards, and I’ve also tested with a 3rd and all have the same issue.
I’ve been getting 2 different errors in the event logs:

eppp-Too many short GPRS connection. Modem will be reset.

eppp-PPP negociation failed. (user/password/pap-chap?)

I do see the green STAT led sometimes when I tell it to connect, but it’s never on for longer than 20 seconds or so before the modem resets itself.

In my modem status, it detects the modem correctly, as well as the network provider (Rogers) and full bars of reception. (27-30)
I’ve tried multiple outgoing configurations (APN, User, Pass), and I’ve confirmed with the network provider that the login is correct.

I’m assuming that the PPP Negotiation failing is due to the APN configuration I’m using, but I’m just not sure. Everything I have seems right, and even using the wizard to configure the modem, it auto-fills the APN info with the same information I have. I’m assuming the too many short GPRS connections is just due to the PPP negotiation failing all the time, then resets?

Any explanations or more detail to what these events showing up mean?

Thanks,

Hello,

What provider are you currently using? The PPP negociation failed error points to an error with the credentials for the SIM card.

I’m using Rogers (Canada)
The autofill data from the Wizard comes up with:
|APN|internet.com|
|Username|wapuser1|
|Password|wap|

Which is the same, according to Rogers.

Hello,

Have you contacted them directly? SIM Cards may recieve custom APN’s and Username/Passwords.

Can you provide a back up with support files for this unit? This can be done using eBuddy and performing a backup.

Test.cfg (16.0 KB)

Hi Kevin,
Backup with support attached.
I have 3 sim cards with active data plans, 2 are new (for these units) I’m also testing the one from my cellphone (all Rogers). I did ask tech support about the APN settings, and they said the ones I had were correct. I’ll contact them again just to double check.

Hello,

The file that you supplied is the incorrect file for the back up of the device. I will need the flexy back up with support files. Please see the following post for instructions:

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (157.5 KB)
Sorry Kevin, grabbed the wrong one in the file menu.

Solution Found!

The APN settings were not correct as suspected, but it’s not looking for regular APN settings. Only LTE settings.

For posterity:

Settings Details
Name Rogers
APN ltemobile.apn
MMSC http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS Port 80
Username Not required
Password Not required