Flexy 205 Ethernet cable info via VPN?

Hi,

We have multiple Ewon Flexy 205’s on the field, great product!

• Is there a way to determine if LAN cable is connected, via eCatcher VPN? We’re having strange communication blackouts for LAN side PLC’s and would be nice to see if the lights are green on Ewon ports.

/ Simo

Hi,

I have 205 in the field with WAN ethernet. Internet and VPN works fine.

Ewon:
LAN 10.10.10.123 / 255.255.255.0
WAN 10.85.xxx.xxx

LAN side PLC: 10.10.10.6

eCatcher says Ewon has 10.29.xx.xx → What is this address? WebGUI opens via that address. But, I can also access Ewon via 10.10.10.123

My computer has also eCatcher IP 10.29.xx.xx

If I scan eCatcher adapter network traffic with Wireshark, ARP messages have zero 10.10.xxx.xxx addresses, but few of 10.29.xxx.xxx

I am trying to find all devices from Ewon LAN side network, by scanning ARP messages on the traffic.

Hello @SaiQmon,

I’m very sorry that your post appeared to have gotten “lost” and I just discovered it. Keep in mind, you can also always create a case at support.hms-networks.com for a quick response. In regards to your questions:

No, not that I’m aware of. There is only the indicator light on the port.

These are the VPN IP addresses. Both your PC and the Ewon connect to our VPN servers (aka Talk2M) so each has an IP address on the VPN network.

ARP messages are broadcast messages and TCP/IP does not forward broadcast messages to other subnets. We have a workaround if you enable ‘BroadcastForwarder’ in the comcfg.txt settings (enabled=1). However, leaving this enabled can cause a lot of extra network traffic over the WAN and VPN.

Alternatively, we have a tool built-in to the Ewon that can take a packet capture of the LAN network. It is not a public tool that I can post on the forum, but I could possibly send it to you directly.

Best Regards,

Kyle