Flexy 205 / FLA 3301 Micrologix connection

Hi,
I have three Flexy 205 / FLA 3301 serial card and a FLB 3271 WIFI card and I cannot communicate with our Micrologix PLC’s. I have the serial ports setup RS232, Full Dup, Pol. OFF and DF1 is setup for 9600, None, 1, CRC, Full Duplex and “Bridge EIP Connection” un-checked for both serial ports.
When the serial cable is connected I do not get a light on S1 or S2 and I have the IP Address is added in to RSLinx for the Flexy and I am connected on eCatcher but RSLinx is not going online with the IP address.
I can connect to the Micologix 1000 when I connect directly to my laptop.

I have a Flexy 201 that works fine with the serial connections.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Hello,

It looks like you have to configuration on the ewon set correctly. Do you see any errors in the ewons logs? If so what are they? If you upload a backup with support files i can take a look. I would also recommend you confirm the dips witches on the serial card. Have you tired any other serial cables or a null modem?

Deryck

I was able to get it to work by going to DF1 and clicking Enable on Topic A and setting the Global Device Address to: SLC500:1.

However, I am finding that I can’t use both COM ports. If I set COM port 1 this way and try to setup COM port 2 the same way the only one that works is the one that I had most recently setup. If I set COM port 1 this way and setup COM port 2 with ABLOGIX I lose the DF1 setup on COM port 1….

Is there a way to have both ports working at the same time?

Justus

Hello Justus,

You can only use one port at at time over the VPN and one port for an IOserver. You can set different ports up for different IO server. For example S1 can be configured for the ABlogix server then S2 can be configured for the Siemens IOserver. However the ABlogix and DF1 is an exception since they both rely on the same AB pcc requests. With these only one serial port can be configure at a time.

Deryck