Flexy 205 online/offline

My Flexy 205 logs show the unit going online and offline in a very regular pattern. Online for an hour, then offline for 15 minutes, then online for another hour. Over and over. Is this normal? This is the first Flexy 205 I have worked with.

Hello,

What is the internet connection method that your flexy uses?

Can you provide a backup with support files?

Kevin,

The internet setup is a wired connection as primary with WiFi as the backup. Recently I unplugged the wired connection to test the WiFi. I’m not sure if this is when the online/offline pattern began, but this morning I plugged the wire back in to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn’t, I’ll send you logs.

Thanks,

Jim

Hello Jim,

Let me know what your update is.

Kevin,

The problem is still not solved. Here is the log file.

Please let me know what I should do next.

Thanks,

Jim

7-21-21.csv (15.1 KB)

Hello,

I would need a backup with support files from the actual ewon unit to determine what the issue is. This can be done by connecting to the device locally or remotely and using eBuddy. Please ensure i get the support files so i can review the unit entirely.

Kevin,

Here is a backup of the Flexy produced by eBuddy. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Jim

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (238 KB)

Hello Jim,

So it looks like your primarry connection is not able to get to our servers, and the WAN fallback is taking over. Given that the fallback is only set to work for an hour, the primary connection trys to get the VPN established but fails. This causes it to switch back to the fallback to get connection.

I would check the primary connection to ensure it is stable, and that there are no firewall rules blocking the primary connection’s ability to establish connection.

What is the primary and fallback connection type?

The primary connection is wired, and the fallback is WiFi.

I would check the ethernet connection then. It looks like this device is only working with the Wifi.

For now, i would set the wifi as the primary connection.

Kevin,

Unfortunately, the talk2m connection checker is having issues with our server. We are actively looking in to a resolution, but the results shouldnt be indicative of your talk2 connection. If you run the internet wizard for ethernet, do you get any errors?

What about talk2m wizard? Any issues with connecting there?

No, as long as I use only the WiFi connection during the setup, I get no errors.

You can try swapping out the cables and checking the ethernet connection through the WAN side. I am assuming the wifi and the ethernet are on the same WAN network?

Kevin,

Yes the wifi and the ethernet connection are on the same WAN network. I’m not sure I understand what you mean by swapping the cables. Do you mean swapping the WAN and LAN cables?

Swapping out the WAN cable.

If the Wifi and Ethernet are on the same network, than both should pass the Internet Wizard. My main suspicion is there is an issue with the physical communication of the ethenet

Kevin,

I used a different cable for the internet connection and it passed all tests on the connection and VPN connection wizards, so I think you are right. I’ll know for sure if it stays online until tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Jim,

Per our conversation, it was an issue with the DNS server configured within the Flexy.

Once we updated it to google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, the connection maintained. Let me know if it fails again.

Any update on this issue?

Kevin,

It has been online continuously since our last session.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Crawford