Flexy 205 PLC WIFI to LAN

Good afternoon,

We have a Siemens PLC and a Flexy205 with FLB3271 wifi card,

When connecting the PLC to the Flexy with an RJ45 cable we are able to access the rest of the LAN from the PLC,
Would you be able to advise if it is possible for the PLC to reach the LAN network by connecting the PLC to the Wifi

The PLC has WiFi? You couldn’t do this directly, even if it did, because the Flexy is a WiFi client, not an Access point. You can use our Anybus Wireless Bolt with the Ewon Flexy, either to create a wireless bridge on the LAN between the PLC and the Flexy, or to connect wireless devices directly to the Flexy. (The Flexy actually has a built-in Wizard that you can use to configure the Bolt).

Can you provide a little more detail about what you are trying to achieve?

Thank you Kyle,

I might have had my wires crossed as I am relaying this over from another user,

I will confirm around the exact details and advise,

Good to know regarding the WiFi-Client and not a access point

~WRD000.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Kyle,

Question straight from the source :

“I have My PLC’s on A Wifi Network , A Phoenix Contact WLAN 5111 Is the Main Access Point for those PLC’s.

Now I have A HMI on the Ewon Flexy 205 with Wifi Card - side .

I successfully connected with the Ewon Flexy 205 Via the Wifi card to the main Access Point .

I made some tags inside the Flexy that are communicating to the PLC’s on the Main Wifi Network , through the Ewon Flexy 205 Wifi connection . Now I Plug my HMI into the Flexy 205 ( LAN ? or WAN ? ) Port and want to connect to my PLC’s on the Wifi Network .

How do I go about doing that ?”

For that you would need to connect the HMI to the LAN and use NAT 1:1 to create an address on the WAN (WiFi network) that forwards to the HMI on the LAN. You can follow this example:

NAT 1 to 1 Example.pdf (238.4 KB)