Flexy 205 Port Forwarding

I am using a Flexy 205 with an FLB3203_00 extension card. One of the devices that we would like to access using M2Web is a third party remote access connection. The device needs ports 22,23, and 80 forwarded. I set the device up in E-Catcher as “Visible in M2Web” using HTTP on port 80. The webpage for the device populates correctly on M2Web, and asks for the login password (for the device), but it always says “Login Failed”. If I enter the IP address while connected to the LAN, it logs in just fine. What is the process to open ports 22 and 23 as well as 80? On a typical internet setup, they would request a public IP address, or use a dynamic DNS service, and just enter the public IP address into any browser to access the device.
Thanks
Chad

You can do port forwarding on the Ewon, but it doesn’t sound like it’s necessary. Have you tried using eCatcher? It sounds like it would work fine just using the device IP address over eCatcher.

What is the reason for needing ports 22 and 23 open? M2Web only supports certain applications, like HTTP, RDP, VNC, etc. It doesn’t support SSH or Telnet like eCatcher does.

Are there configurable options for authentication for the device you are trying to reach? Certain types of authentication don’t work with M2Web so you may need to adjust the settings.

Kyle,
It does work in Ecatcher. Was just curious if it was possible on M2Web. I don’t know what ports 22 and 23 are needed for. I would have to contact the OEM who makes the device. It is for a GSI grain dryer and it is their own PC board and application. I will just use Ecatcher
Thanks

Yes, it sounds like you will have to use eCatcher if ports 22 and 23 are needed for authentication.