Flexy 205 with Omron NX102

I am having a similar issue with a NX102 / Flexy 205. I had it working with a NJ controller but working on a transition to a NX102 and having issues.

I tried switching to FINS/UDP but still not working.

Hello can you verify that the FINS port that you’re using to talk to the PLC is the default 9600?

Here are my settings. My Omron side look almost exactly like the other post.

Can you try and make a tag and read a value and let me know what what it’s getting for an error if it’s getting one?

You also need to make sure to fill out the FINS IO server

I am unsure about the first parameter, the last post had both. Seems like its either 1,1,IP or 0,1,IP

Also, just generally for other trying this, you also need to enable to FINS memory area in the NX102. This will generate compile errors so its not the issue I am having ( as far as i know so far )

This page may have some useful documentation for you to take a look at for setting up FINS

https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/data-acquisition/omron

Errors:

If there is another place to see errors, please let me know.

Can you also go to this section and enable disable tags in error

I reviewed those docs. The CX-Programmer is pretty out of date, you may want to request an update for Sysmac.

What is the impact of the “Disable Tags in Error”?

If a tag was setup incorrectly and is showing the red hazard symbol, then there may be an issue where it will keep trying to poll the tag that was incorrectly setup and will be unable to get a value and may cause issues timeout issues on other tags. If you hit the disable tags in error button then it will make it so it won’t keep polling the tag with issues.

That should clear out some of the event logs issues.

Can you enable that and then send us a backup.tar file with support files included?

It looks like it says that you’re issuing an incorrect FINS command

Are any of your FINS tags currently reading right now? If not I’d say maybe save the taglist (to restore later if needed) and clear out the current tags. After that try and start by just getting one FINS tag to read and go from there

Can do, which setting should I try?

The first 2 numbers are your FINS Network number and then your FINS node so that would depend on what you have your FINS device setup as

Good idea, I will try with a single varable.

So based on the settings in my Sysmac ( Omron software, pictures in post), what should my FINS address be?

Based off of what those pictures are showing I would think the Node address would be port 1 and the network address would be port 1 but I would recommend verifying that with Omron support just in case

Hi @jonmsi

If you go under the tag section of the flexy is it reading the value now or is it still showing that red hazard symbol?

Were you able to confirm with Omron that the Node and Network addresses were correct?

Are you trying to read the FINS status?