Flexy dropping offline

Hey Guys,

I was hoping you could take a look at this event log and tell us if we are experiencing an eWON issue or an internet/modem issue? It is hardwired.

Looks like the eWON is having a lot of trouble establishing and keeping an internet connection. All LEDs on the device are in normal operation. Customer has stated that power cycling the modem has temporarily fixed the problem in some cases, and has not fixed the problem in other cases.

Events.htm (269.7 KB)

Hi Nick,

Can you please make a backup using eBuddy and include Support files, if possible?

Thank you,

Kyle

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (835 KB)

Hi Nick,

Looks like a network issue. DNS requests are timing out. I would recommend changing the DNS servers to public ones, like 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 for example.(EthDNS1 and EthDNS2 in comcfg). See if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, check the network connection with a laptop and make sure there are no issues with the internet disconnecting.

Kyle

1 Like

Thanks Kyle. We will try this.

Follow question, it seems like these DNS values are defaulted to 0.0.0.0 on the eWON, even when connected to the internet. I had thought that this was an invalid value? What DNS is being used out of the box?

By default, it will acquire the DNS servers through DHCP, but if you aren’t using DHCP and use a static IP address you need to provide the DNS address or it will stay at 0.0.0.0.