Flexy LAN not responding

OK… Lets try this again because not one is responding. I have been using the eWon products since you introduced them in the USA. I used to have a contact person but since HMS bought eWon it is hard to get technical assistance. Below is the problem that I have and what I have tried.

[Mike]
I have a Flexy 20200 that has been working fine for about 5 years. Today it would not connect to the web. I tried connecting to the LAN and it is not stable enough to connect. One second the LAN is there and then it is gone. It’s almost like to is stuck in a boot up loop. Tried to reset the Flexy to factory defaults and the USR light never changes from orange to red. In fact the USR light is always orange. It never even goes green on a normal boot up. I have a backup eWon that I programmed and it is working in it’s place but I would like to get this one back going again. Any suggestions?

Hello Mike,

To start can you provide the serial number for your device? I want to make sure there wasn’t a recall or know issues with it.

If a factory reset is not working we can try a recovery of the device to see if we can recover it. To perform a recovery you will want a 10/100 switch between the ewon and the PC running eBuddy. Once connected open up eBuddy and go into tool > eWON Recovery. Since you can not connect to the device you will need to manually enter in the serial number. Once the serial number is entered can click next then follow the on screen instructions to reboot the device with the reset button held down.

Let me know if you run into any issues or have questions.

Deryck

[Mike]

Serial #1516-0070-21

I will try the recovery shortly and let you know the results.

Here is the newest reply that I sent this morning and have not heard anything back from HMS. I tried the recovery and had not luck getting past the recovery and reboot while holding on to the BI1 (reset) button. The screen never changes to the download of the firmware. I need to get this Flexy back up and running as fast as I can. If I need to send it in to be repaired or replaced, I need to know how to do that.

Please respond and give me some direction.

Mike Harris
USEMCO Inc.
mharris@usemco.com

A post was merged into an existing topic: Flexy 20200