Flexy on M2Web and Ecatcher and Ecatcher APP difficult to access

Hi,
we have a customer that these two Flexy work correctly but often, with M2web, the connection to these Flexy is not working on the first time. After some attempts, it is OK. the customer uses only M2web.
The VPN seem ‘connected’ always. The problem it is during the remote connection by the user.

I have tested the VPN with Ecatcher, M2Web and Ecatcher APP. For me, I have not observed their problem but when I am connected on Echatcher/M2web, after that I have click on the Flexy, I must enter the user and password of the Flexy. The user and password are different of the user and password of the account. The customer said me that often the problem appear on the second asking user/password.

Is it normal that we must to enter the user/password two times ? (M2Web and directly on Flexy)
Is it possible that we enter only one time the user/password on M2web/Ecatcher for all the access ?
Maybe it is more simple for the web navigator if the user/password on account is the same of user/password on the Flexy ?

I have tried with Ecatcher APP on Android, it is not easy to use because the Flexy asked me 20 times the user and password to display all the web page (Viewon Page). Is it Normal ?

In the log for these Flexy, we have often :
‘secu-Authentication failure (From WEB server)’
Once per month ‘ovpn-Could not read Talk2M VPN server address, using last valid’
Each hour ‘eppp-The maximum connection time has been exceeded’

I am not sure that these messages have a link with the problem of connection by the user.

Firmware : 11.2s2

Do you have tips to help to improve the access to their Flexy ?
Thank you,

Rémi Nolin

@RemiNolin

You’ll need to login into m2web and the eWON device separately. We definitely recommend using different passwords for higher security. You can have your browser save those passwords if needed.

I’m not sure why your customer is having to login multiple times but I would ensure that they are using the correct password. The device will need to be online in eCatcher/M2web to access it.

I use the eCatcher mobile APP on Android and I do not have to login more than once. I use my fingerprint to login into the eCatcher APP and then I connect to my eWON. I then navigate to my viewon page which prompts me for the password. That’s the only time I have to enter in the password. What you are experiencing is not normal, I would try a different browser on your phone.

The logs are showing common events related to connectivity:

Once per month 'ovpn-Could not read Talk2M VPN server address, using last valid’
A a brief drop in the Cellular connection can cause this.
Each hour ‘eppp-The maximum connection time has been exceeded
You have your maximum connection time set to 1 hour in the eWON device. This is used for Cellular triggered connections not permanent WAN connection. This document explains how to set up a permanent Cellular WAN connection in your eWON Flexy:

’secu-Authentication failure (From WEB server)'
This can also be caused by brief drops in connection

To help improve stability, you can update your firmware to the latest firmware (12.1s2) and ensure that your device is using TCP for your VPN tunnel protocol.

2 Likes

Thank you very much !