Flexy web interface losing connection

@Dan_Thorp
Hi Dan,

Let me know if that issue persists and we’ll take another look at it. If it is giving you problems through eCatcher you can also use the m2web.talk2m.com site in a pinch.

Thanks,

Kyle

• Worked on tags to find error
  • Downloaded logs and changed VPN to TCP mode
  • Ping is steady but web interface losing connection in Chrome, also tried incognito but no change

Hey Kyle,

So I am still having issues. None of my emails that I have setup are working. I have had 2 alarms come in and they didn’t get emailed to me. Also my script is got sending out my reports when they complete.

Sorry to hear that Dan.

Did you want to make me a temp eCatcher account and I’ll log in and take a look?

Sure I just made one for you.

Thanks Dan, but it’s not working. Are you sure the capitalization is correct in the Account and Username?

Yep. I just logged in with that user name.

Hey Dan,

I went through all the logs and all the settings. There was definitely something wrong over the past few days, relating to the connection to the VPN, but it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what was causing it. I only made a couple minor adjustments. The eWON seems to be running much better now. I’ve been online and it’s been steady for a while.

I checked the email settings and they look good so you can test and make sure you are getting your alarms and emails and let me know.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hey Kyle,

So I just tried sending out an alarm email. It didn’t go through, but I got the attached errors…

OK, I will log back in adn take a look

Hi Dan,

I tried a number of different DNS servers but none of them are working. There must be something on this network that is blocking DNS requests. Can you check with the IT department there?

In the meantime, I’ve changed the SMTP server address to a static IP, so your emails should start working again. I just sent a successful test.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Kyle

Just got the test alarm to come through at 2:09 PM. What did you end up doing??

I changed the SMTP server address to an IP address instead of a domain name. There appears to be something blocking DNS requests.

Hey Kyle,

I just have one more issue I need help working through. I have read the documents about how to create custom reports and send them via email and I used that information (changing a couple things) for my needs. For example, instead of a timer triggering the custom script, I am trying to use a BOOL tag to trigger. Anyways, I don’t think I have done something right because my custom script doesn’t seem to be scanning; I’m not even getting the date/time information populated. Would you be willing to take a look at my script and see if I did something wrong? I have attached it in a .txt file or I still have the HMS user in our account setup if you just wanted to log-on and look at it. I would really appreciate it if you decided to take a look.

Thanks in advance if you do!

**Daniel Thorp

kb-0020-0-en-configure_your_ewon_using_ftp.pdf (875 KB)

kb-0028-0-en-how_to_create_a_tags_report_and_send_it_by_mail.pdf (109 KB)

custom script.txt (1.02 KB)

Hi Dan,

This code should populate your time tags

timetags.txt (711 Bytes)

Your sendmail command seemed to be correct, I just made it so that it’s using functions instead of goto sections

Thank you very much! I had to make a couple of minor changes but I got it to go through!

**Daniel Thorp

Automated Systems Integrator**

1 Like

Hey Kyle,

Do you remember what IP address you changed the SMTP server too. My Flexy cleared itself out and I didn’t have a good backup, so now I have to re set it up

Daniel Thorp

Automated Systems Integrator

image001.jpg

www.pdcautomation.com

Yes, it should be 87.98.135.64

Strange. That is what I have it set to and I am not getting any emails out. It says success in the scheduled actions, but I am getting nothing in my in box

image001.jpg

Have you tried going back to the domain name?

relay.talk2m.com