Flexy will not boot

Hello, I have a Flexy 205 that won’t boot after resetting the hardware. I have tried both levels of reset and recovering the Flexy using eBuddy. eBuddy doesn’t list the device and it doesn’t respond to ping at 10.0.0.53. It doesn’t matter which ethernet port I connect to.

When I power the device on, all the status lights except BI1 light up, and the smaller lights next to the four ethernet ports flash twice. USR is orange at this point. After a moment, only the PWR light stays on. After a few seconds, the bigger light next to port 2 lights up for several seconds before turning off. Several seconds later, the USR light starts flashing with a period around 400ms. After this point, nothing changes.

I was able to successfully complete both reset sequences, and the auto test at the end of the full reset succeeds. However, the device doesn’t reboot after the level 1 reset and its boot behavior is the same when powering up after the level 2 reset.

When I try to recover the Flexy, the entire process goes correctly using firmware 14.6 s0 until it reboots the Flexy at the end. I tried letting it reboot automatically and also cycling power to the device, but eventually the recovery wizard times out and states “The Ewon is not detected.”

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to get this working again. Thanks!

It sounds like it’s bricked. There isn’t much more you can do other than the factory restore. If you are interested in seeing if it’s covered under warranty, please create a case at https://support.hms-networks.com.