Flexy201: [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1400]: Message too long (code=90)

Hi,
i have a flexy 201 fw 14.2s0 configured as VPN server for a point-to-point vpn via eGrabit

The ewon is connected on the customer network, i have no problems to ping it remotely, i can log-in in the webserver ;

if i connect to ewon via eGrabit i have no problem, the VPN start and i can ping the vpn IP 10.254.0.2

now the problem:
if i try to open the webserver of ewon using the ewon lan ip, or if i try to access via VNC to the HMI of my machine, in the realtime log of ewon i have this errors:

write UDPv4 [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1400]: Message too long (code=90)
read UDPv4 [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1400]: Message too long (code=90)

then ewon stop to answer to ping (wan,vpn,lan addresses) and is not possible to reach it in any way (reboot needed)

in attachment the backup with support files

thankyou for the support eWON.tar|attachment (37.5 KB)

Hello,

Not sure what happened but it looks like the backup wasn’t included. Could you send that one more time? Also are you getting this error message from the Ewon or from the eFive?

-Tim

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (37.5 KB)

Something seems to be going wrong with the backup file you sent me where I can’t open the file. Can I take a look at this over TeamViewer with you instead or could you make me a temporary user on your account so I could check on this?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

here another try to upload the rar (i can open without problems)

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (37.5 KB)

and the same files in zip format if you can’t open the rar…

eWONzip.zip (9.6 KB)

I’m not entirely sure what the issue is, I’m able to get some of the information when I look at it through notepad, but I’m not able to open the file with our backup analyzer. Is there anybody on site where we could try and take a look at this locally? It might be helpful to take a backup of the device and then then do a factory reset and restore the backup to see if that fixes this issue.

try with this
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (159 KB)

if you prefer, i can show you the error via teamviewer

It looks like the TeamViewer went down, but can you try doing this with the TAP adapter you’re using?

ok i try to change mtu value

ok with 500 the connection works !

when i use the ecatcher via talk2m on others ewon can i mantain the 500 or i must edit to 1500 ?

They should be fine with the 500, or if you force it to TCP that should work as well