FLEXY205 Alarm SMS

I have a FLEXY205. Trying to set up the alarm sms. Not working but the email is working.

Does the sms need a modem?

Thanks Cameron

Hello @cscottyp,

If the you are setting the alarms up as SMS messages the ewon does need a modem.

You can also set up the ewon to send the SMS over email though our relay or though the carrier.

Here is a link to our documentation that covers using our relay.

and here is a post that covers emailing the phone though the carrier. Send SMS from SCADA with 2005CD modem

Deryck

Thanks for the fast reply. I’ve tried the KB-0046 with no avail. I have Verizon and sent up the alarm email with 10 digit phone number @vtext.com . I receive an email message stating undeliverable. Is there a charge for this function. The alarm email with a regular email address works.

I’ve attached the EWON back-up file, if that will help.

Thanks again

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (136 KB)

Are you receiving alarms to your normal email? It might be an issue with sending through Verizon.

Sending an email through your Talk2M account is free of charge.
Sending a text message (SMS) through your Talk2M account is subject to a charge. Check
your subscription details to know more about the amount that will be charged.

Deryck,

Thanks again. It works with a AT&T phone but not Verizon.

Having the same problem. Verizon phone numbers do not work using vtext. Was able to get it to work using @sms.talk2m.com but it is not reliable. Sometimes it sends, sometimes it doesnt

Hello,

Unfortunately there is isnt much i can do regarding sending them using the @vtext.com. you might have to long of a message preventing it from going though. You can also try @vzwpix.com for a mms text message this allows for bigger text messages. Email to a phone number

Deryck