FTP proxy

’ve been battling with documents and help files! But nothing seems to point me in the right direction…

I have a camera unit that can export images via ftp, and I want to store them offsite so we can do extra analysis…

But how do I set it up… nothing seems to tally with the instructions…

Thanks

So I have set the set

ProxyEnabled = 1

ProxyProto3 0
ProxySide3 =2
ProxyPort3=21
ProxySrvPort3 = 21
ProxySrvipAddr3=(iPaddress of ftp server)

So everything should be good… well… not… still issues with logging on… but maybe this is a server issue…

Thanks

Pb

Hello… sorry, i’ve only just seen this response… opps

ok… so i Have an FTP client inside the machine network… (a keyance camera controler) which can talk to a server on any port… but default is for port 21

and i have an ftp server out on the internet… (one i pay for, not a freebee). (which works on port 21)

and i want to configure the client on the camera controller… to get out to the internet FTP server.

now i’ve tried this… and its not working… but i cant quite pin down where in the config i’m going wrong…

thanks

@Pad

Ah! Ok that makes things much more clear.

So in you wouldn’t set up proxying for this. Similar to your other thread, you would essentially need to allow access from behind the eWON.

After making the changes in the above document, you have to make sure that the following are also done:

1. DNS must be set on your camera to a public DNS.
    The EWON will not provide a DNS server. I recommend 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

2. The camera (and all other devices) must have their gateway pointing to the eWON. In making some of the changes found in that document we will be disabling a feature called plug n’ route. This feature is almost like an auto-gateway feature.

Did you do all of the above?

Would you be able to provide me a login to the unit so I can check it out?

hello… thanks, now with the cozy, i did found that when i changed the settings as per the attached pdf, it stopped me being able to connect in to my plc or cameras from my remote connection … and as i administer the ewon remotely, if i break being able to connect in… i’'ve got to make a 1200 mile journey to fix it… so you can understand why i’m more than a little cautious…

i have ver 13 of the firmware… and so when i looked last time the settings are a little different… can you advise what the process looks like under the v13 firmware… and also what my reason for having the connectivity issue was when i attempted this before… (the internet part worked fine from the machine network… but remote access into the PLC / camera hardware stopped working)

thanks

Pb

Hello Pad,

When you set up internet access to on the LAN you are disabling our plug n’ route feature. Which means you need to set a gateway on the LAN devices you want remote access to. This is noted on the second to last paragraph of that doc Jordan linked.

This process turns Plug’n Route off. You will need to make sure that all of the Ethernet
devices behind the eWON have the eWON’s LAN IP address as the default gateway
address. If you do not take this step, you will not be able to reach those devices
through the Talk2M connection.

If you don’t want to lose remote access to the device make sure you have the gateways setup before making the settings changes in the flexy.

Deryck

Hi Deryck
I was quite sure when i tested it before… that both the camera and the PLC had the ewon address, (which is 192.168.1.250) as the gateway… i will double check and try it… but can you confirm that if i do change the settings, i will be able to get back into the ewon web interface remotely to set them back if i loose PLC / camera connectivity? (i felt like i might not have tried it during testing last time as i was working onsite and it didnt matter.) but now i am over a thousand miles away, so i need to be very sure i have a solution if there is a snag…

thanks

Pb…

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I can confirm, Changing the eWons settings to allow internet on the LAN does not cause you to lose coms with the gateway. If you do not have a connection to the LAN devices you would be able to change them back though the VPN.

Deryck

thank you for the assurance… i’m waiting for the PLC to be available for an offline change… (as the GW address is 0.0.0.0 currently which was the issue clearly) for this i need to get the customer too approve, and schedule downtime… so i’ll keep you posted… and hopefully fingers crossed i can get it all working… and get some data out of walled garden that is the current machine network…

thanks

Pb…

Sounds good let us know if there are any other issues.

Deryck