FW: Daikin Multiport Split system, Bacnet interface -RCC Allied Health

Eric:

We are still having issues with the Intesis boxes on the FTXR09TVJU Daikin units.

We have tried all the instructions below and still having an error, on all 4 units.
We disconnected the Intesis box and connected the t’stat, and unit works fine.

Has Intesis used these on the FTXR09TVJU model before? Could there be an issue there?

[Logo]https://www.hoffman-hoffman.com/
Michael Whitten
Sales
phone: 336-292-8777
direct: 336-252-1714
email: michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com

From: Brian Scahel <Brian.Scahel@mcaair.commailto:Brian.Scahel@mcaair.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:50 AM
To: Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com>; Eric Dunn <ERD@hms-networks.commailto:ERD@hms-networks.com>; support@hms.howmailto:support@hms.how
Subject: RE: Daikin Multiport Split system, Bacnet interface -RCC Allied Health

Thank you eric

Brian Scahel
Brian Scahel
1839 Tradd Ave.
Clover, SC 29710
PH (704) 954-4500tel:(704)%20954-4500
brian.scahel@mcaair.commailto:brian.scahel@mcaair.com
Territory Manager
Carolinas

-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com>
Date: 3/17/20 10:45 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Eric Dunn <ERD@hms-networks.commailto:ERD@hms-networks.com>, Brian Scahel <Brian.Scahel@mcaair.commailto:Brian.Scahel@mcaair.com>, support@hms.howmailto:support@hms.how

Thank you. We will try this and respond back withy results.

[Logo]https://www.hoffman-hoffman.com/
Michael Whitten
Sales
email: michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com

From: Eric Dunn <ERD@hms-networks.commailto:ERD@hms-networks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:37 AM
To: Brian Scahel <Brian.Scahel@mcaair.commailto:Brian.Scahel@mcaair.com>; Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com>; support@hms.howmailto:support@hms.how

Brian and Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to me on this issue. I’ve cc’d our new support crew with HMS on this as well so they can take this up if my suggestion below doesn’t help out.

Typically the issue is a dipswitch setting that relates to the BACnet side of things, but this is between the Daikin indoor unit and our box. If the cable we supplied is in good shape and there is good connection on both our unit and the indoor unit, then that only leaves a problem with our unit or the Daikin indoor unit.

To start with, check out the installation manual at this link: https://cdn.hms-networks.com/docs/librariesprovider11/manuals-design-guides/installation-sheet/ac-interfaces/installation-sheet-inbacdai001i000.pdf?sfvrsn=b49850d7_10

You will notice there is a SW4 dipswitch bank. The install manual says these are ‘reserved’, but make sure both switches are both up or down, not one up and one down. They usually come preset for this application from the factory but if they got moved, it will cause an issue. If they are both down, try both up and see if it helps.

If that does not fix anything, you might put a Daikin BRC remote wired controller in there to see if it works. If it does, then our unit is not working right.

That’s about all the help I can give you on this for now. If these don’t work, reply back and include our support engineer who is cc’d and they can assist.

Best Regards,

Eric W Dunn
Building Automation Sales Lead – North America
HMS Networks

Email: erd@hms.semailto:erd@hms.se
Office: 312-819-2556
Mobile: 812-946-0952
www.hms-networks.comhttp://www.hms-networks.com/

Schedule a meeting with me herehttps://calendly.com/eric-w-dunn

From: Brian Scahel <Brian.Scahel@mcaair.commailto:Brian.Scahel@mcaair.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:26 AM
To: Eric Dunn <ERD@hms-networks.commailto:ERD@hms-networks.com>
Subject: FW: Daikin Multiport Split system, Bacnet interface -RCC Allied Health

Eric,

Can you help out on this. Let me know.

Thanks,

Brian Scahel

Brian Scahel

1839 Tradd Ave.

Clover, SC 29710

PH (704) 954-4500tel:(704)%20954-4500

brian.scahel@mcaair.commailto:brian.scahel@mcaair.com

Territory Manager

Carolinas

-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com>
Date: 3/17/20 9:49 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Brian Scahel <Brian.Scahel@mcaair.commailto:Brian.Scahel@mcaair.com>
Subject: FW: Daikin Multiport Split system, Bacnet interface -RCC Allied Health

Brian,

The unit does have a S21 port. Intesis unit connected and we get this error, " Led indicator light L1 is on indicating that there is a communication failure between the indoor unit and the controller".

Ideas?

Michael Whitten
Sales

-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Jones <ljones@amerindcontr.commailto:ljones@amerindcontr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:41 AM
To: Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com>
Cc: Larry Clagett <lclagett@amerindcontr.commailto:lclagett@amerindcontr.com>; Steve Osborne <sosborne@amerindcontr.commailto:sosborne@amerindcontr.com>
Subject: Re: Daikin Multiport Split system, Bacnet interface -RCC Allied Health

The fault code is on the Intesis controller. Led indicator light L1 is on indicating that there is a communication failure between the indoor unit and the controller.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2020, at 9:35 AM, Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com> wrote:

I never heard if there was FAULT CODE. Is there a fault code?

Michael Whitten
Sales

From: Larry Clagett <lclagett@amerindcontr.commailto:lclagett@amerindcontr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:29 AM
To: Michael Whitten <michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.commailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com>
Cc: Luke Jones <ljones@amerindcontr.commailto:ljones@amerindcontr.com>; Steve Osborne <sosborne@amerindcontr.commailto:sosborne@amerindcontr.com>

Mike,
Did this get resolved yesterday? If another part is required is it ordered? Thanks.

Larry Clagett
American Industrial LLC
(336) 855-3301

From: Michael Whitten [mailto:michael.whitten@hoffman-hoffman.com]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 1:15 PM
To: Larry Clagett <lclagett@amerindcontr.commailto:lclagett@amerindcontr.com>

Is there fault code?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2020, at 1:06 PM, Larry Clagett <lclagett@amerindcontr.commailto:lclagett@amerindcontr.com> wrote:

Mike,
See response from our tech on site. I believe this is why he contacted Daikin Tech support and was told we need another component.

Larry Clagett
American Industrial LLC
(336) 855-3301

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 11:35 AM
To: Larry Clagett <lclagett@amerindcontr.commailto:lclagett@amerindcontr.com>

I have the controllers plugged into the S21 port. The controllers have a control fault between the Bac-net controller and the indoor unit.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2020, at 11:17 AM, Larry Clagett <lclagett@amerindcontr.commailto:lclagett@amerindcontr.com> wrote:

image001.png

Hello Michael,

What is the product code for your units? We offer a few Diaken to BACNET. I want to ensure i am look at the correct product for issues.

Daikin FTXR09TVJU

image001.png

My apologies.

What is the product code of the intesis units that you are working with?

DK-AC-BAC-1

image001.png

Hello,

I checked the compatability list for the unit you posted. The only listing i see for the FTXR units is as follows

FTXR 28/42/50 E yyy

You AC unit appears not to be compatible with our current intesis DK-AC-BAC-1 line.

T