FW: Tech Question on Flexy 202

Hi There

We are an OEM and use eWON Flexy 202’s to communicate with our PLCs.

My question is:

Can I install a 2nd Ethernet port [ Flexy 3101 ] and configure it with a different network address on a separate network?

e.g. Native port [eth0] IP: 192.168.1.xxx
Flexy 3101 port IP: 192.201.100.xxx

Thus have 2 separate networks communicate to the Flexy 202 and poll my PLC from 2 separate LAN devices?

Thanks!

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cordialement,

Hi Matthew,

Unfortunately you can only have one LAN network and one WAN network. You might be able to get away with this by setting the subnet mask to 255.0.0.0 though and make sure your WAN network is outside of the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx range

Hi There

We are an OEM and use eWON Flexy 202’s to communicate with our PLCs.

My question is:

Can I install a 2nd Ethernet port [ Flexy 3101 ] and configure it with a different network address on a separate network?

e.g. Native port [eth0] IP: 192.168.1.xxx
Flexy 3101 port IP: 192.201.100.xxx

Thus have 2 separate networks communicate to the Flexy 202 and poll my PLC from 2 separate LAN devices?

Thanks!

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cordialement,

Matthew

Thanks Tim

That adds some complexity then - :slight_smile:

I am using a LTE Cell modem/Router, I’ll have to do some creative LAN/Router configuration

Take care
M

Hi Matthew,

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

You could potentially try and do some NAT 1:1 routing.

-Tim

Hi Tim

Thank you

That might work.

I have 2 scenarios – the immediate one;

We have a unit installed in the parking lot of a client.

Client does not have a BMS so warning and alarm notification is by client call out to technician.

Client wants to be able to see our HMI [ via SBC MicroBrowser – only browser that works with the HMI] from his office.

So my option is:

Install a cellular modem/router at site [ site is 4hrs remote from nearest technician ]

• Goal is to get the eWON to send at least a warning email [ I think I can program it to send an email on a TAG change of state, we have flags for “alarm” condition. Or I could
    install an I/O board and have the PLC close a dry contact to create a trigger event.*

Technician would then use TeamViewer to access our local laptop and connect to the HMI

I also want to poll our PLC via the eWON and log key data for review and trend machine performance.

• I think I can program the eWON to log the data and push it out via Talk2M, but that’s unclear on the website. So I was going to install a datalogger on the laptop and just have
    the tech copy and send it to me during regular service visit.*

It’s unclear of the eWON and HMI are on the same network, would the Talk2M VPN allow access to the HMI? Or does the eWON have to be the router, and I need to add a port?

I also have a SPM Intellinova SPM vibration device on the system, it uses the cell modem to push vibration data to our server in Belgium for historical trending and analysis.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!

M

Visio-eWON topology r1.pdf (280 KB)

Hello @KINOLT_USA,

Tim is out sick today and i am trying to review ans answer your question here. I am thinking you and tim had a conversation out side of this topic so i might be missing some context. I will try to answer your question directly.

The eWon flexy can be configured to read data off of the ewon then send alarms on trigger events (boolean logic <>= ) . The alarms can trigger out going messages such as email. You could then use eCatcher to remote into the LAN of the ewon to access the PLC and other LAN devices over the VPN. If there is a PC running something with a VNC server you could access this.

It’s unclear of the eWON and HMI are on the same network, would the Talk2M VPN allow access to the HMI? Or does the eWON have to be the router, and I need to add a port?

The ewons LAN would need to be physically connected and in the same subnet as the HMI/PLC that it is reading data off of.

Deryck

Thanks Deryck

That’s very helpful

I think I have the next step!

I appreciate the help. Your team is terrific!