Has an Anybus embedded and needs help with eth MSG instructions for Rockwell

@anonwhiabjey
Hi Ron,

Can you forward those documents here and we’ll look them over and get back to you this afternoon?

Thank you,

Kyle

I currently have a AllenBradley 1769-L33ER PLC( Controllogix vers 30) on a private network. I am trying to attach a “Magpowr Cygnus-E” tension controller to this network to read and write the data to the PLC for data collection. I purchased an AnyBus ethernet interface card from Magpowr to accomplish this task. I currently have the attached documents for information but I do not fully understand.

I would like to have a support tech use the Commkit-EN information and tell me specifically how to set up my Ethernet Bridge module (from attached “EtherNetIP_adapter document, page 9) :

Comm_Format=??

Input Size=??

Output Size=??

Also from document “hms-SCI-1204-29”, page 3: what data type and size to make my “ReadData” tag:

Datatype=??

Datasize=??

It would also be very helpful to show the example of reading the specific parameter #548 “Tension”, Type=Floating (from document 859A299 Commkit) into my PLC program.

Let me know if you need any further information…

Thank you,

850A299 Commkit-EN Manual.pdf (163 KB)

EtherNetIP_ adapter_RSLogix_2.03.pdf (1.4 MB)

hms-SCI-1204-029.pdf (2.01 MB)

Hello Ron,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this. Where this is an embedded device there is limited support we can provide. While we built the Network interface the module is being configured by the host application designed by Magpower. They should be able to provide assistance in setting it up. We don’t know what changes are made to the device.

I looked over the documentation I am having a hard time understanding what they expect you do here. The Magpower Manual doen’t seem to explain how to make an ethernet/IP connection to the module. You need to contact Magpower for assistance in setup and troubleshooting, if they have any issues or questions they would need to contact us.

This all being said try the following. Follow the EtherNetIP_adapter_RSlogix manual chapter 4 explains how to add an Ethernet/IP generic module. Once you get to page 9 use input instance 100 size 16 output 150 size 16. If you want to change the data type you will need to change the size to match. This will add the device in studio as a io module matching the only size I found in their documentation.

Regards,
Deryck

Kyle,

Just wondering if you received my previous email request for support or if I need to resend?

Thanks,

Yes, I referred the docs to Deryck and here is his response:

Topic closed due to inactivity.