Having trouble connecting to internet from EWON

Having trouble connecting to internet from EWON even though my pc can connect through same device - Was using wizards in browser to setup EWON [color=red]MOVED TO STAFF NOTE[/color] (165 KB)

Hello,

I can take a look at this issue and follow up with you tomorrow

Hello,

It looks like your WAN Subnet is restricting the IP for the gateway. You do not have a route to get to the required gateway that you set the device for.

Have you spoken to your local IT?

Kevin,

I have not talked to local IT. We just got a cell router and put a SIM card in it so we would have to connect through the plant network. Is that a setting I need to do on the cell device?

Thanks,

Monica Saggio

hello,

How is the cell router connected? Is it through ethernet?

Have you tried setting the device as a DHCP connection.

I would also like to set up a remote session, so I can run a few tests. Are you available today?

Kevin,

I am not available today because I am no longer at the customer’s facility. I will have to get back in touch the next time I go there. It is in Massachusetts and I am in Ohio.

The cell router is connected to the EWON with an ethernet cable. In the network settings in the wizard I selected DHCP and automatic originally. Then you suggested I try 8.8.8.8 for the DNS server.

Best Regards,

Monica Saggio

How strong is the cellular coverage?

If it’s a weaker signal, than you may not be able to hold the connection long enough for it to communicate to establish a connection.

Kevin,

I was able to get to the internet with my pc through the cell router connection but I don’t know how good it is. We also had this working once before but it got disconnected when we tried connecting through a different means.

Best Regards,

Monica Saggio

Hello,

If you are using a cellular router ensure that the firewall is allowing traffic out on through IP, Ensure that port 443 and 1194 are open.

If you can get someone on site to connect to the device, I can team viewer in with them to perform some testing.

Kevin,

Maybe we can do something Monday.

Thank you,

Monica Saggio

Hello,

I am available 8am - 5pm EST time. YOu can reach me at Kann@hms.se

Kevin,

I am having the customer ship the ewon and cell router to me so I can debug it here.

Thank you,

Monica Saggio

Topic closed due to inactivity.