Having trouble reading Schneider Power Monitor with EN2SE-R

Hi,

Have a little side project at the moment to get this working…

Config is Rockwell Studio 5000 -> Anybus EN2SE-R -> RS485 -> Schneider PM3250

Everything seems happy enough with my setup & configuration except when in Studio tags my readings are unexpected & do not change whatsoever when the 240V, 50Hz supply being monitored is switched off. Even when the RS485 is unplugged and status light 5 goes red - there is still no change to the tag values.

Which leads me to believe there is possibly something wrong with the RS485 comms between the anybus & the schneider - there is a comms light flashing happy on the Schneider when all plugged in

The wiring has been tried a few ways including what is suggested in the manual with 120 & 470 ohm resistors but nothing ever changes.

Any help or pointers in a new direction would be gladly appreciated

Thanks

Full Anybus config screenshots can be found here:

Hello @geo209,

If you are getting data I am doubtful this is an issues with the linking device and the wiring. Can you check the node monitor, do you see any data? This will show you the memory in the linking device. If not can you share a log so we can check and make sure the linking device is sending modbus requests. You should see both transmit message (Tx), followed by response (Rx).

You might also be off by a register. Due to how modbus is defined it is common to need to add or subtract 1 depending on if the registers are base 0 or 1.

It also looks like you will want to change the data type of the tags to be real/floats.

Hi Deryck,

Thank you for the reply. I have no experience whatsoever with Modbus so this all completely new to me.

I can’t change the data type from Integer as this is what the config tool is generating - I’ve tried copying the pair of INTs into a single float in Studio 5000 but with no success.

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/0DZgyb2i

This is what the Node Monitor shows:

Thank you again…

Hi Geo209.

It looks like the modbus requests are working correctly. You can see they line up similarly to what is seen here: http://www.simplymodbus.ca/FC03.htm

Did you try reading them with the the 1 offset as suggested? Try 3027 rather then 3028.

As for setting up real tags. You will want to delete the second read for each one then change the type of the one remaining to REAL. The the real tag will have the address set to the first byte of the value. It should look something like this.

This will put all 4 bytes as one tag.

One final thing worth verifying will be the endianness. you might need to swap the bytes so they are read in the correct order for the real. you can see the two options in the register value section of the response.

Deryck

Deryck,

I’ve done as suggested & moved the starting register around…

Unfortunately I’m still recieving the real/float value as “-1.#QNAN

This may be something I have to ask for help from Rockwell or have a search around to understand floating point numbers better.

Thanks

Topic closed due to inactivity.