Hicp Protocol

I have devices designed using anybus chip.
I want to scan these devices on network using hicp protocol. So i am trying to write a code in java for this purpose but i need hicp protocol library for it. Please help me where i can find hicp library.

Hello,

I am not sure what we have available for this, I will need to look into this.

Deryck

Thanks for reply.
we are able to find our devices on network using Anybus Ipconfig software.
but we need to design our software for our device data monitioring. so we need to scan the network using hicp protocol. please look at it if hms have library for hicp protocol.

Hello Sanjay,

To use the hicp protocol you would need to use the dll to get access to this. You will need to get in touch with your HMS Sales contact so they can get you in touch with the necessary developers who can help you with this.

Regards,
Deryck

Hello
i got one thing here. when i broadcast on UDP at port 3250 with simple string “MODULE SCAN”. i am able to find one of my device.
but second device is not responding.
but i scan the network using Anybus Ipconfig, it finds both of devices.
please let me know there is any other command which has to be sent like “MODULE SCAN” in order to find second device.

Hello Sanjay,

I think older devices would respond to the plain text requests but newer devices might be using an encrypted method.
You can use the .dll that is used by IPconfig by including it in your program. Unfortunately I am not aware of any documentation for its use but a colleague said sales should be able to help you get an example program using it.

Regards,
Deryck

Hello deryck_hms,
Thank you for the information and your support.