HMS-EN2MB-R Parameter Data Access

I have setup the EN2MB, and I’m reading/writing data.

I want to access the parameter data. The manual says that this information is access thru explicit messaging. I want to read Transaction Status and Exception Code lists.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hello @MPinto,

How are you setting up the device? The HMS-en2MB-r is designed to be setup using the Studio 5000 AOP. Though the AOP you will configure modbus transaction then setup tags to access the data on the ethernet/IP side.

Are you using the AOP for setup?

Deryck

I’m not using the AOP.

I setup the device just like the youtube video show it.

Would you recommend using the AOP?

Hi @MPinto,

It looks like that video is using the AOP. You can see just after 5:30 they look at the tags that were generated from the configuration. After the save and apply the changes they download to the PLC then look at the tags. Are you not seeing the tags get created?

If you would like you can call into support 312-829-0601.

Regards,
Deryck

Deryck

I just figured out how to do it. Thanks for the help

Deryck,

Do you have any idea why when trying to convert transaction to an array, the max size of the array is 34? I have 35 register that I’m polling, but when converting to an array it just converts the first 34 registers and leaves the last one out.

Thanks

Hello MPinto,

I know there are some known issues with arrays. I am asking internally if we have any details on the issues or what the requirements are for arrays.

I know there is some logic for doubles the require the tags to fall in memory locations divisible by 4 I am thinking something like this could be effecting the array generation.

To allow me to test your configuration can you export you configuration so i can test it on my device.

PS: I also received you voice mail regarding this issue.

Hello @MPinto,

I have been testing some things out on my device it looks like the array needs to be divisible by 2. You would be able to create an array of 36 but you will want to increase you read request by 1 to match.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.