HMS-EN2MB_R

I have a AB 1769-L32E PLC trying to talk with a Ingersoll Rand Xe-145M controller.

PLC I.P. 192.168.1.2

Ingersoll Rand I.P. 192.168.1.3

HMS I.P. 192.168.1.30

I am getting a transaction error. I started with just a read but would like add write as well.

I am new to these modules so I’m looking for some help to get this working.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Wayne Snyder

HMS 1.PNG

Is your slave address 255?

Also just to make sure, can you try and use the CAS Modbus Scanner to verify that you’re able to read and write from the device? It just may be a little faster to verify the settings this way first so that you don’t need to restart the device for settings changes and download to studio 5000.

Installer_CAS Modbus Scanner.exe (1.2 MB)

Tim

Thanks for the advice. I changed my slave address to 1 but I’m only able to read status word 0. The HMS turns green for awhile then flashing red for awhile back and forth.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wayne Snyder

Hi Wayne,

Do you know if there’s some kind of offset in your device? It looks like you’re using the Read Input(3)/Holding(4) Register functions for addresses 30000 and 40000. I don’t think it should be able to read those registers because I don’t think they’re modbus compliant.

http://simplymodbus.ca/FAQ.htm

I have seen some devices have issues where it requires you to read a minimum of 2 registers at a time so that might have something to do with this. For an example can you pick a modbus register that you know what the value should be and try to read that in the CAS scanner. Then once we get that to read, use those settings in the EN2MB-R to try and get it to read there

Topic closed due to inactivity.