HMS-EN2SE-R craching PC's

I purchased 4 of these for upcoming projects. I am trying to install the first one and I have already crashed 2 computers with your device. I finally went and grabbed a used Blue Anybus unit and had it up and running in 2 minutes. Can you tell me why the white units are crashing computers?

1st laptop is an Apple
2nd laptop is a dell with windows 10 with windows 7 VM Ware

Hello Ryan,

I have not heard of any issues where setting these devices up cause PC’s to crash. Can you provide more information about what you were doing when the PC’s crash. Was this in Studio 5000 when the crashes occurred? Would you be able to upload any log files showing the crash occurring.

Deryck

It was in Studio 5000 and when I was adding in the Add on file. it is an issue with one of the DLL Files

Hello,
Before I can get this to the developers I will need more information. Can you provide more details so we can try to recreate the crash.

What version of Studio 5000 are you running?
What DLL is causing the issue?
Do you have any logs or screen shots of the error occurring?
Were you installing the AOP or adding a device with the AOP?

Deryck

AB Studio Version 30. I was adding in the pre-defined device into the ethernet tree file from your file download. It corrupted the file below

Microsoft

Msocx.dll file was corrupted

Thank you, I am reaching out to my colleagues to see if they can provide any info on this .dll

In the mean time i recommend reinstalling the AOP to see if this corrects the issue. If it is an issue with a .dll we add this could correct the issue. The AOP is available on the Files and documents page the the Linking device. https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/linking-devices-specific/?ordercode=HMS-EN2SE-R

Please let me know if re-installing the AOP has any effect.

Deryck

Hello @Ryan_Frewin,

Did you have any luck after you reinstalled the AOP?

Deryck

No, can I return the 5 units that we purchased?

Hello,
Here is a link to our return policy. We only except returns for devices that are defective. At this time this device does not appear defective and would not qualify as a return.
https://www.anybus.com/support/product-returns/product-return-policy

We can continue to troubleshoot this issue and determine if this is a defect in the product. Where this is an issue on the configuration software side we should be able to get this up and running. It would be a first determine what is causing the error. The DLL you mentioned is not tied to the AOP so this could be an issue with Studio on your PC.

If you would like we can setup a time for a teamviewer and phone call to further troubleshoot this issue.

Deryck

Hello Ryan,

You will need to contact your distributor to start the return process. We can only accept returns on products that have not been opened or the box has been defaced.

Rob

It crashed one laptop twice and it crashed a totally separate laptop.

Hello Ryan,

What exactly is crashing just the AOP program or studio 5000?

Do you get a crash report from it?

Deryck

The whole computer crashes. Both laptops

Hi @Ryan_Frewin,

If it is crashing the PC does it give you a blue screen with a crash code? Can you provide the windows crash report/dump so I can provide it to the developers.

Deryck

I have already reported this previously. It has been a few moths but I emailed the required info to you guys before.