HMS-EN2SE-R Module error

Hi, I try to configure a HMS-EN2SE-R with a PLC 5069-L330ERMS2. My version of studio is V32. I add the module and he didn’t work properly. I receive Module configuration Rejected. After many manipulations, I tried to make a factory restore. Since that, the module in electronic keying mismatch error. What can I do to fix the issue? Regards,

Pieric Boyer

Where are you seeing the rejection error?

Did you download the config to the Linking device then save the changes into the plc program? You need to make sure when exiting the software you update the module definition and apply the change.

Deryck

I’m seeing the rejection in the PLC program. I make all the change offline and I apply all change like your documentation propose. I did it a few time without development. But, I can’t communicate with it because I did a factory restore and I see the module is on version 0.0.

Are you going though a busy network? Try connecting to it directly from your PC and try a factory reset again and then download the program again.

Deryck

I fix my issue. I seem to I need to configure my stratix 5700. When I connect to HMS not directly but with a router is on my network, I can configure to module. Also, I missed a step when I tried to do a factory reset. I forget to connect to the module in the configuration manager.

Thanks for your help!

I have another issue. I have some difficulty to understand how I transfert a data from PLc to module and after at my laptop with Hypertherminal. I configured a transaction with a data. I put 10 for the lenght. Do I need some program in the PLC to send a new value on the RS-232 to receive it in another PC?

Can you further explain this setup? Are you connecting to a PC via the serial side of this gateway? What messages are you sending? Do you have transactions setup in the devices serial configuration?

Deryck

In attach, this is my configuration. For now, I see my value on the data locker. I didn’t see it On 2 PC.

It was very difficult to understand how I can configure this module. I need to have a sting with only some data without beginning, checksum and end.

Is it possible to have a short lesson?

Thanks,

Moved to Staff Notes

That is my log

log.txt (2.5 KB)

Hi @pboyer ,

The device will be configured with transactions to send and receive data on the serial side. In generic mode these are separate transactions, Produce or consume. While in master mode the device is the “master” and always sends a message then looks for the corresponding message back.
A message consists of objects, either data objects that look at a memory address in the Linking device for the data or a constant that is a static byte or bytes with data predefined.

Is your end application going to be using hyperterminal or is this just for testing? Right now it looks like you have the anybus setup to cyclically send the 16 bytes out that are being written from the PLC. The log you shared shows you are mostly sending 0’s. The first message send a 0x0A (dec10) followed by 0’s and the second message you send a 3 and a 2 followed by 0’s. It is also in master mode but there is no response message setup.

A quick phone call might help with this. Can you call our support line @312-829-0601 and refer to this topic when asking for me (Deryck). If you are looking for a more in-depth training session or for us to setup the configuration we can also look into service hours.

Deryck