HMS-EN2SE-R Rockwell AOI

I am trying to evaluate the HMS-EN2SE-R for an upcoming project. Having trouble getting the Rockwell AOI to work in my Studio5000 application (v31 and v32). I downloaded the AOI and ran setup file “MPSetup” in folder “HMS_V1.02.11_RELEASE”. The module shows up when I go to add a new module in my Ethernet network. However, when I select the module, it tries to run a setup again and then errors out saying it could not locate the .msi file in a directory on a drive I do not have on my PC. This issue is occurring on my PC as well as another engineers PC.
Any suggestions as to what is going wrong with the AOI install?

Hello @twindham,

Unless you had studio5000 not install add on profiles when you installed it is should be included with Studio since V21. So no separate install of the AOP should be needed.

What setup does it try to run when you add the module in studio 5000? Does it looks like the example seen in chapter 3 of the user manual? https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/manuals-design-guides/hms-hmsi-27-354.pdf?sfvrsn=6909b0d6_4

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Everything seems to be ok on another PC. It may be related to the fact that I tried to run the install when the modules wer already part of my Studio package. Seems as is something is corrupt. I am going to re-install Studio5000 and see if this resolves it on my pc

Todd

Hi @twindham,

Another option might be to try and uninstall then reinstall the AOP this has been found to resolve issues in the past. It is a bit dangerous since you can uninstall all add-ons if done incorrectly.

Here is a write-up on the process. Add On Profile Crashing Studio 5000 Logix Desgner

Deryck

Thanks Deryck. I’ll check it out

Todd