Hms_en2se-r serial setup

I am trying to set up a hms-en2se-r ethernet to serial device. I have all green light on my anybus module but I don’t seem to be getting any serial input. I’m not sure if it’s a config problem or the way I’m trying to test it. I am trying to send information from a tera terminal for testing purposes. When I monitor the node in the anybus module, I don’t see a change in data.

Do you have a manual for the device that you’re trying to read from that we can reference?

Have you created a consume/produce section in the configuration manager and check if there’s anything showing up in the log for the transmit/receive area?

I have determined that if I use the log, I can see the data I am sending from tera term. However, I do not see any change when I use the node monitor. It’s like I’m missing a link somewhere.

anybus log.txt (823 Bytes) anybusgenericmode.cfg (16.0 KB)

Can you give me a call at 312-893-5636 and ask for Tim when you get the chance and I can try to take a look at this with you?

It looks like there’s not a lot of data in the text log, I’m only seeing data received, but it doesn’t look like our device is sending anything

Hi @tmheath,

Did you give me a call on this one and did we finish the serial setup? I think I remembered talking to you, but if I did, I forgot to update the ticket

-Tim

Yes, we spoke on the phone. It is working the best it can on the bench. I have not installed it at the customer’s site yet. Hopefully that will happen next week. I may have to call back when I get it on site. I was testing with tera term and it was only sending one character at a time. Once I get connected to my scale, I can see if it gets all the characters at once.

image001.png

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

Ok thanks for the update, let me know what you find out when you get to the customer’s site.

Hi @tmheath,

I spoke with Deryck and it sounds like this device should be up and running now

-Tim

Yes, it is fully integrated at the customer’s site now. Thanks for the help.

Tim_hms HMS Technical Support
November 17

Hi @tmheath,

I spoke with Deryck and it sounds like this device should be up and running now

-Tim

Glad to hear it’s working!