HMS-EN2SE

Hi, I am using a HMS-EN2SE-R module between a Compact Logix PLC and a Modbus RTU system. I have set up several transactions and they are working well. Does this module automatically reject bad/corrupt transactions? In the PLC, I’m monitoring for changes in the response trigger. I assume that a change in this register indicates a valid new reading is available? Is this correct? I am also using a trigger for the query (where I generate the trigger in Logix). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Does this module automatically reject bad/corrupt transactions?

The linking device will reject the message if the format is incorrect. the PLC itself does not see the exception code. If there is an issue with a transaction, you will get a response with an exception code. You can verify the exception code by using the Logging feature in Anybus Configuration Manager.

In the PLC, I’m monitoring for changes in the response trigger. I assume that a change in this register indicates a valid new reading is available? Is this correct?

Yes you are correct. The the new data will increment the trigger register, which in turn, notifies the control system of the change of data. You will need to ensure the Trigger Register is enabled in the response.

Is there a register I can read in the PLC to tell if data I’m reading in the PLC is corrupt? If the response trigger register changes value, can I assume the data is valid?

I thought I read in the manual that responses are discarded if there is a crc error or if the response doesn’t meet certain criteria.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Hello,

For the PLC, you will need to consult the manufacturers of the PLC regarding the register for verifiy data corruption.

Yes if, the response trigger changes then that means it recieved data that caused an incement that toggled the register.