How do I configure and Anybus EthernetIP to Serial without Logix5000?

How do I configure and Anybus EthernetIP to Serial without Logix5000? I am communicating with a generator speaking Modbus RS-485 and I am wanting to read the data with a micrologix1400.

@Jason,
What Ethernet/IP device are you working with? The setup will vary depending on the device.

The files and documentation for the device should be available on the files and documents page for the device. If you enter the article number into the quick find support page search on https://www.anybus.com/support. It will take you directly to the documentation, you will also find application notes that provide guides for different setup.

Deryck

I have HMS-EN2SE-R. I have not found the documentation very helpful for my specific issue. If I program the anybus with studio 5000 without having a compactlogix plc. Will I be able to talk to the anybus with my micrologix?

My EthernetIP device is a micrologix 1400. which will speak to a generator via the anybus. From your other message to me I am getting the impression that this is not possible with the HMS-EN2SE-R that I have but I would like confirmation. The documentation that I have found does not appear to cover this application. What article number are you referring too?

Correct the Linking device requires the use of the AOP in studio 5000. It is not compatable with micrologix 1400 in studio 500.

Deryck