How to access the PLC S7-1200 from eWon Flexy 205

Hi,

I would like to know how I can access the PLC S7-1200 through Flexy 205. I have everything well configured but in eCatcher I do not see the PLC.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Philip

Hi @fasp,

How are you trying to connect to the PLC, using software like STEP7?

Have you confirmed the IP address of the PLC? Can you ping it?

Kyle

Good afternoon,

I can already work with the digital inputs and outputs. I appreciate the help.

I have some points that I needed your help with some urgency.

1 - How do I program code by making logic with the digital and analog inputs and outputs and as a result activate the Flexy 205 or FLX3402 card outputs?

2 - I can’t send SMS via eWON Flexy 205. How can I do it? The configuration I have is this:

3 - I can not communicate with PLC S7-1200 even following the following configuration. https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/s7-300-400-1200-1500-vipa/s7-300-s7-400-s7-1200-s7-1500-vipa
A red circle appears above the tag that says “No communication.”
Can you help me please? What will be the problems?
Good afternoon,

1 - How do I program code by making logic with the digital and analog inputs and outputs and as a result activate the Flexy 205 or FLX3402 card outputs?

2 - I can’t send SMS via eWON Flexy 205. How can I do it? The configuration I have is this:

3 - I can not communicate with PLC S7-1200 even following the following configuration. https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/s7-300-400-1200-1500-vipa/s7-300-s7-400-s7-1200-s7-1500-vipa

4 - How do I remotely access the PLC S7-1200? How do I use M2M? At this moment I am connected to the WAN network through the letter FLB3271.

5 - When the equipment is turned off, I always have after communicating with ethernet cable in Flexy 205 and setting up new device in eCatcher. This is normal? Shouldn’t he record the call or equipment created in eCatcher?

I apologize for the doubts but it was important for me to try to solve this as I will install similar equipment in a company.
Good afternoon,

4 - How do I remotely access the PLC S7-1200? How do I use M2M? At this moment I am connected to the WAN network through the letter FLB3271.

5 - When the equipment is turned off, I always have after communicating with ethernet cable in Flexy 205 and setting up new device in eCatcher. This is normal? Shouldn’t he record the call or equipment created in eCatcher?

I apologize for the doubts but it was important for me to try to solve this as I will install similar equipment in a company.

Thanks

Hi,

When i do the ping appears this image:

The IP 192.168.0.64 is the IP from Flexy 205.
I have not the cable conected to my PC. In Networks appears:

Why i can’t communicate with PLC S7-1200 with the IP: 192.168.0.3?

Thanks

You can create tags associated with the FLX3402 card inputs and outputs (using the eWon IO Server) and use those in your BASIC scripts. See Manual and Examples here.

You can use relay.talk2m.com and leave the credentials blank.

Most likely there is something wrong with the tags or their addresses. You can try checking the “disable tags in error” in IO settings and checking the Event Logs for errors and share that. Please share your configs as well. It’s very important that you follow these directions.

I’m not sure I understand this question. You will need to use eCatcher (software) for remote access to the PLC. M2Web will only work for certain protocols, like HTTP, VNC, etc. Here are some videos that explain setting up remote access:
https://ewon.biz/e-learning/library/flexy/configure-an-ewon-for-remote-access

You only have to set up the device in eCatcher and run the Wizard one time. After that, as long as it is online you should be able to connect to it remotely. I would recommend giving your devices more unique names.

Ping: Something is not right with your network. Try to connect directly from the PC to the PLC to ping. Make sure the IP address is correct on the PLC.

Hi Kyle,

First of all I want to thank you and eWon for your help in my doubts and I really like your products and your help is very good.

I was able to solve almost all the problems that I mentioned in the previous post.
Communication with the S7-1200 was the configuration issue on LAN Devices on Ecatcher. I put the following configuration and it worked. The IP was 192.168.0.3 and the PLC was still IP 192.168.0.1.

I just can’t send SMS’s. I moved from relay@talk2m.com to relay.talk2m.com and now neither email’s send. Can you help me with the setup?

I plan to plug in a console on the Flexy 205 from SIEMENS. The console is the KTP400. What should you do to perish the console screen when accessing remotely? Can M2Web do it? How i can configure M2Web?
I also wanted to access a SCADA that I made. How can I do it?

Thank you very much and once again excellent forum and great professionals from eWON.

Philip

Hi Phillip,

I am glad you got the IO server working!

The email address you want to use for SMTP is relay.talk2m.com, but this sends email only, not SMS. Do you have a cellular modem? If not, you will have to use a email to SMS relay. Some carriers may offer this as a free service or you can use the paid Talk2m SMS relay service. Otherwise you will have to find another email to SMS service.

If you have a cellular modem, you will need to make sure you have a plan that includes text messaging. A data only plan will not work for text messages!

For viewing your devices (consoles, SCADAs, etc) the setup will depend on the protocol they are using. In M2Web you can do HTTP, FTP, VNC, RDP, etc. and this is configured the same way you did for the Siemens ISOTCP, in the eCatcher device properties. If you are having trouble finding your devices, make sure the firewall is on Standard, not High.

Kyle

I’m sorry, it’s relay.talk2m.com

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for you response.

Already managed to send SMS’s according to the guide you sent me. I did it through Email’s server.

In the meantime I will program the device so that there is Boolean logic with the Flexy 205 inputs and outputs. Is there any practical example where I can indicate how to do this?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Philip

Here is one example:

https://developer.ewon.biz/content/switch-enable-wan-connection

I know that there are better examples but having trouble finding one right now. See if you can find something on the discussion board here:

https://forum.hms-networks.com/search?q=FLX3402

I assume you are going to use BASIC? Have you also explored the Developer Forum?

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I’m going to explore the foruns.

I have a last question. If I have a console that has the VNC option, I can access it remotely through the M2Web application, right? Appears when I enter M2Web or do I have to configure something? Is there any example of how I can do it?

I have a Scada software. Can I also get the flexy data from the variables? How can I pass them to SCADA and how to access SCADA via M2Web? Do you have an example or video?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Philip

Hi Philip,

It’s not an inconvenience, I am happy to help!

You will need to configure the device in eCatcher to make it available for VNC through M2Web. You can find detailed instructions here, but essentially you will go to the eWON Properties page in eCatcher and select “Configure LAN Devcies & Firewall”:

Then add your device and make sure to select the VNC protocol and check the box for M2Web:

I need more specifics in the second question. How to get variables and access your SCADA is going to depend on the protocols that it supports. If it supports OPC UA you can use that with the Flexy:

OPC UA Server
OPC UA Client

M2Web supports a number of different protocols so likely one of them (VNC, RDP, HTTP, etc.) will work with the SCADA. You would just set that up like the above example.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I apologize for not saying anything else, but I was sick and only now have I recovered.

Regarding the answers given in the forum, thank you very much and I think I will now be able to add to the device an HMI console and a SCADA application.

I have a few more questions that I wish you could help me.

1 - For a Scada application made in OMRON Cx-Supervisor, can I use OPC Server Kepware to communicate with Flexy 205? How can I do it?

2 - Something curious happened tonight, which was, after turning off the Flexy 205, when I called again, he sent an email saying that he had activated a digital input on it, but I didn’t. This is normal?

3 - What happens when we turn off and on flexy again? What is the behavior of the device?

4 - How can I get graphs, tables, histories and other data from the values ​​obtained (eg digital, analog inputs, etc.) in Flexy 205?

5 - How do I access SQL databases through Flexy 205? Is there any quick guide?

6 - How do I send the data obtained and send the history to any device through some means of communication?

7 - How many PLCs can be connected to Flexy 205 LAN ports? Can I use a switch and access multiple devices? How can I do it in your opinion?

8 - Can I get all the history and data in real time with Pluto Analitics software? How to configure between Flexy and Pluto? Is there any quick guide.

Thank you so much for your help and I apologize for bothering you!

Best regards,

Philip

Hi Kyle,

I found a problem.

When i connect to the PLC i can’t access via TIA PORTAL via TAP-Windows V9.
Didn’t work. Do you know what is the problem? With my HMI have the same problem.

Thanks.

Regards

Philip

Hi Kyle,

I configured HMI KTP400 Basic of SIEMENS and i selected in configuration of HMI the sm@artServer:

In flexy 205 i configured the HMI like this:

But didn’t work. The M2Web ask me a password for VNC like this, but i don’t know what password is required.

Can u help me please?

Regards,

Philip

Here are links to the documents to set up OPC UA Client and a Server. If you are using a Kepware server you will want to set up the Flexy as the client:

UPC UA Server

OPC UA Client

I’m not sure what you mean. I would need to see the email and the Flexy configuration to answer this.

I just reboots, like a computer.

You can create tags and view them in the Flexy’s web interface. Please refer to these videos:

https://ewon.biz/e-learning/library/flexy/data-logging

You need to be more specific about what you are trying to do.

You can use the M2Web API.

Yes, you can connect a switch to the Flexy’s LAN ports so that you can connect as many PLCs as you’d like.

I am not familiar with Pluto and their web site has no specifics on the technology they use. They describe themselves as a consulting company, not a tech company, so they probably use 3rd party services, like Azure or AWS, for example. You could use OPC UA, MQTT, etc. and we have various guides on how to connect with the various cloud services on the developer forum:

[center]techforum.ewon.biz[/center]

I will need more information to determine the problem. Can you ping the PLC or HMI? Did you make sure to configure the network settings correctly on the PLC and HMI? The Flexy LAN address should be the default gateway. Are you getting an error? Try enabling Broadcast Forwarding like this:

Is there a default password on the HMI you can try?

Hi Kyle,

I have this configuration for talk2m-e-catcher:

In TIA PORTAL i try to find PLC like this:

My IP of PLC is: 192.168.0.1
IP from Flexy is: 192.168.0.64
IP from HMI is: 192.168.0.2

When i ping PLC and HMI i obtain this:

Can you help me please?

Can you check and make sure you don’t have more than one TAP adapter? (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections)

It looks like the IP address on you PLC might be wrong. You need to set this on the PLC, not thru eCatcher. Make sure the firewall is set to standard in eCatcher.

Hi Kyle,

I have an PLC with database SQL incorporated.
How can i bring the values of database and transfer to Flexy 205 or other device?

Thanks.

Regards,

Philip

You can create an IO Server in the Flexy if the PLC is supported and create tags to import the data. What type of PLC is it?

Kyle