How to configure hms-en2se-r

Could help me to configure my hms-en2se-r to communicate a SLC 5/04 an a 1768-L45S (V.20.04).

Thanks

Hello Joao,
The SLC uses DF1 and in the following video you will find the steps to configure a DF1 device with our serial gateways:
https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/videos/hms-academy-instruction-video---communicator-ethernetip-to-df1-gateway.wmv?sfvrsn=f4e7a9d6_8

Regards,
Maribel

Hi Maribel,
Do you have any PDF file, the video doest works, i can not see anything.

thanks

Hello Joao,
I found this link with the video online.
http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/videos/hms-academy-communicator-generic-mode-and-barcode-scanner-ms820-3577

How can i set the generic module ethernet in the Rslogix 5000, the AOP didint works.

What version of RsLogix 5000 are you running?
Do you get an error when you launch the AOP?

i am using V20.04 and i didint get any error to launch the AOP…howerver i dont have communication

Hello Joao,

This device are compatible with version 20 and above so the AOP should work fine. Could you be more specific on the error you get when you say there is no communication? Also, below a few links to a video with the configuration of the device using RSLogix and the user manual where you can find an example.

Thank you,
Maribel

I got the communication using a generic ethernet module, now is working but the LED subnet status is red…is it normal?

Hi,

I got the communication using a generic ethernet module, but when i try to use the AOP i have a fault msg “Data size too large” , i guess that i have to change some configuration in the hms device.

Sorry but i can not whatch the videos…

Hello Joao,
The Red light on the subnet status can be triggered by different things related to the communication on the serial side.
Have you configured the serial side of the gateway? Also make sure to generate the process tags once you are done. In the user manual (link to pdf document sent earlier) you will find the steps that are in the video to configure the serial side and to generate those tags. Once the definition of the gateway updates in RSLogix the error should go away.

Regards,
Maribel

Hi Maribel,

Actually is working well but i am still using a generic ethernet module, but anyaway…

Thank you very much!

Hi, how can i get communication using subnet mask and gateway?

2 posts were split to a new topic: SLC 5/03 with the kepserverEX

Topic continued here:

hi all can anyone help me with downloading configuration manager link?