How to Connect My Flexy to a ( Ethernet ) Access Point

I Am Chipping Away at trying to connect my Ewon Flexy 205 to A Wifi Access Point . I am Tottaly new to the Flexy 205 . Can I get Some help with that . Thanks in advance

Hi Terry,

I’m including a link to our ste-by-step setup guide for the Flexy 205. It’ll walk you through the process of installing the device, powering it on, and configuring it to connect to your network. Be sure to scroll to below the FAQ section on each page and click next to move on.

https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/step-by-step-guide?ordercode=Flexy20500_00MA

You may also find the following video helpful, which shows you how to use the Flexy’s web interface to configure the Internet connection. You can get to the Flexy’s web interface by powering the device on, connecting your computer to one of its LAN ports (with green lights), and then using eBuddy.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Hugh

Ok Thanks for you reply . I have most of these connections made . But now I am looking to connect the flexy 205 to a access point via a wifi card

Hi Terry,

By WiFi card, are you referring to the FLB 3271 extension card for the Flexy? I’ve attached a document that includes installation instructions if you need help getting the card installed inside the Flexy. Once it’s connected, you can just run the Internet wizard from within the Flexy’s web interface and connect to the access point as shown in the video I shared.

ig-0020-00-flb-3271-wi-fi-modem-extension-card.pdf (6.2 MB)

If that’s not what you’re referring to, would you mind explaining your problem in a little more detail? I am understanding this as you trying to connect your Flexy to a WiFi access point for Internet connectivity.

Best regards,
Hugh

I would also need help with : can I send a command with sms that will trigger a bool tag on off to reset a alarm as a way to acknowledge a alarm .

Thank You for the help got it connected .

Hi Terry,

I would recommend taking a look at this webpage:

https://developer.ewon.biz/content/sms-reception-ewon

Best regards,
Hugh

So do I just copy and Paste the example . Under Setting the value of a Tag by SMS Which fields are editable ?

Hi Terry,

I should clarify first of all that you will need a cellular modem to receive SMS messages on an Ewon.

What this code does is set the value of the tag Var1 to the contents of the text message received. If you want to change what tag is being edited, you can change that line to something else. For example, if your tag were called MessageTag, you’d have:

MessageTag@ = Val(a$)

Beyond that, you would need to write your own code to process the text message’s contents or use it to acknowledge an alarm. If you’d like more information about Basic coding on the Flexy, I recommend checking out this Ewon Developers page, which includes a reference guide as well as other code examples. I should also note that these are intended more as illustrative examples than as drag and drop solutions, and we’re not able to debug users’ code.

Best regards,
Hugh