This article will go over the process of creating a ticket, and address issues that can arise from the process. The document will provide a test case for creating a ticket on our new Support Portal.
Creating a Support Ticket:
Step 1: Sign in to HMS Support Portal (https://support.hms-networks.com/). Provide the registered email and associated password for the account.
Step 2: Select “Submit a Request” button for new requests.
Step 3: Fill out all required fields (Subject, Description, Brand, Product Group). To ensure in efficiency in resolution, provide additional information in the optional fields.
Step 4: Once the information in entered, submit the ticket for our Engineers to review. 4
Forbidden: Invalid Authenticity Token:
This Error Generally appears when you trying to login to the Support Portal with Incognito Mode enabled. Ensure your browser accepts the cookies and certificates required to access our site.
Information is required to create the ticket. If you have any non-optional fields missing, the screen will show errors for which field requires the data to be entered.
Below you can find instructions to enable cookies on various browsers:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Cookies.
- From here, you can: Turn on cookies: Next to “Blocked,” turn on the switch. Turn off cookies: Turn off Allow sites to save and read cookie data.
- Open Firefox browser and in menu choose Preferences.
- In preferences search for Privacy tab.
- Search for a PRIVACY section and then look for History section.
- In a Firefox will: change remember history to Use custom settings. …
- Find a checkbox Accept cookies from sites and choose it. …
- Restart Firefox.
- Open Microsoft Edge, select Menu (3 dots icon on top right corner of the browser) > Settings > Site permissions > Cookies and site data.
- Turn on “Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)” to unblock cookies.
- Go to Settings, then scroll down and select “Safari”.
- Scroll down to “Privacy & Security”.
- Verify “Block All Cookies” is ticked (green/white), click to allow cookies.
- Clear the browser cache and reopen the browser.
General Browser Issues:
General browser issues can occur when creating a ticket. It is best to ensure you have the following:
- A stable Internet Connection
- Up to date Browser
- Cleared Cache
- Cookies enabled
Microsoft Edge: Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge
Creating Ticket, Support Portal, HMS Support