How to Test Profibus Looping Wiring using HMS Master Simulator

As you see in the attached photo we try to test as proceed in the photo. but ts not working and show error.
is that any additional required anything to test this profibus looping?
Notify us…

Please tell right way to test this.

Hello,

I am not sure exactly what a profibus looping test is. Are you just trying to read data from the bus? What errors are you getting? Is the device labeled HMI in your drawing a PC running the Master simulator software?

Deryck

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the response,

Here are your answers -
1. I am not sure exactly what a profibus looping test is.

Ans -
We have 3 Nos. of Temp. Monitoring Scanner.
Which have a profibus network for communication, and the customer wants 3 - Scanner (profibus) looping and taking data via this looping upto DCS.

We already check profibus communication of single scanner in (Profibus DP-Master simulator software) but now we want to check in loop and check data of 3 Scanners like (Daisy chain) what we generally do for modbus communication.
Please tell me the correct way to do this profibus looping communication for 3nos. of scanner. exact like daisy chain.

1. Are you just trying to read data from the bus?

Ans - Yes

1. What errors are you getting?
    Ans -
    No or wrong PROFIBUS Converter connected!
    Please check:
  • Converter type
  • Converter power supply RS485: P6=5V, P5=GND
  • Selected Com Port
    Photo is also attached for your reference.
  1. Is the device labeled HMI in your drawing a PC running the Master simulator software?
    Ans - Yes

Please suggest a correct way to test this profibus looping for (Communication) of scanner(3rd party) devices to DCS.

Thanks & Regards,

(Mr) Kishan Raval | Engineer – Projects ( Engg & Execution)
E: kishan.ext@masibus.com | M: +91-8000038722

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please find the attached error message photo for your reference.

Hello @Kishan ,

I think I understand what you are working on. It sounds like you need to make sure your porfibus Bus is configured correctly.

The error message you are receiving is saying the PC is not detecting the dongle. The dongle receives 5v power from the bus. You might have the bus wired incorrectly, or there might not be 5v available. Can you measure across pins 5 and 6 for power?

Deryck

Hello Sir,
Yes right because my fourth connector is open and may not get the supply.
So can we give 5v across the pin 5 and 6 externally from the power supply?

what i’m doing right now is (shared in image) please verify. if it is wrong and standalone then please advise any suitable device to check this profibus looping.

Thanks & Regards,

(Mr) Kishan Raval | Engineer – Projects ( Engg & Execution)
E: kishan.ext@masibus.com | M: +91-8000038722

You might need to check the specification for the profibus BUS. I believe 5v is required.

You should be able to add it with an external source if needed.

Deryck