HSP for TIA V16

When will there be a HSP for CANOpen PLC extension for TIA V16?

I have looked into it and have not been able to get an estimated date on this unfortunately, but the product manager is aware that we are looking for them. I will let you know when I have more information.

Any news on this?
Or is the only solution to downgrade my project to V15.1 at this moment?

Hi Erik,

Kyle’s out on vacation this week. Do you know if there’s a separate ticket opened on mysupport.hms.se that got escalated? If you have that info I can try and see if they got back to us.

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Sorry have no information about a ticket, I just came across this thread because I am also interested in the answer.

Hi Erik,

I’ll create a new ticket with them and see if I can get an update on this for you.

-Tim

We’re currently in contact with Siemens for the hsp file of the 1SI CANopen and CM CANopen, but do not have the version that works with TIA V16 yet. As of right now you’ll want to stay with version 15.1 of TIA.

-Tim

Any update on this? I hoped by August this would be available.

Thanks
-Craig

I will check into the status today.

We have a version written and tested by our engineers, but not yet reviewed by Siemens. It should work fine for your project though.

HSP files CM CANopen 1SI CANopen TIA V16.zip (265.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks Kyle,

I’ll give it a shot and let you know if I find any issues

• Craig

Hi Kyle,

I installed this support package, but I do not see an instructions associated with the CAN communication. I think there should be a SDO and PDO command?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Kyle,

My apologies, I’m looking for the CAN_SEND and CAN_RECEIVE instructions. I do not see them in TIA portal

Thanks

Craig

Hi Kyle,

I found out that my issue is related to the function blocks. They latest version you have for download on your website is v12. TIA portal V16 will only upgrade libraries from V13.1 and up. Do you have an updated library that I can import?

Thanks

Craig

Are you using the 1SI CANopen?

Which PLC?

Library / FBs of the 1SI CANopen:
The library that is available on the homepage is written in AWL

S7 3xx / 4xx PLCs:
AWL is completely supported by TIA Portal so the AWL library can be used

S7 15xx PLCs:
TIA Portal only supports reduced AWL (especially the any pointer is not completely supported)

the FBs cannot be compiled

I can provide you a CANopen library if you need transparent CAN.

Hi Kyle,

I am using the CM CANOpen Hardware attached to the S7-1200 PLC

Thanks

Craig

Hey Kyle,

I downloaded this zip and tried to install on V16. Support package says successful, but it still shows as not installed. Any ideas?

I was able to install the V14 version from the download page, but the customer is specifying V16 for this project.

Bump.

Any anyone else able to install the V16 HSP from this forum topic? I still haven’t had any luck with it.