IIoT using eWon Flexy 141

Hello,

I’ve been reading and hearing that it’s possible to have multiple eWons sending data to a server/database/PC/etc.

I want to set up a small network of eWons and send data from their PLCs to my computer.
What kind of equipment do I need? Can this be done by using eWon Cosy 141 or do I need to replace the device?

@Octo_Frost

There are quite literally a dozen ways to accomplish this. In order to recommend the best solution, can you answer the below questions:

1. Do you want API access?

2. Do you have or are you a developer to use the APIs?

3. Do you have a specific mechanism in mind for the transfer?

Additionally you would need to replace your hardware with a Flexy. The COSY does not have the data capabilities that you need.

1. Do you want API access?
    I will probably need it in order to graphically interface all the data, right??
  2. Do you have or are you a developer to use the APIs?
    No, but i have some basic knowledge. I can also hire someone to do it for me instead.
  3. Do you have a specific mechanism in mind for the transfer?
    Please specify what you mean by “mechanism”. Do you mean the network layout or the way data will be transfered?

Additionally you would need to replace your hardware with a Flexy. The COSY does not have the data capabilities that you need.

@Octo_Frost

You have a few options then.

1. Data Mailbox
    The Data Mailbox provides a restful api to gather your historical data. This would allow you to pull all of your historical data into one central point.
    https://developer.ewon.biz/content/datamailbox

2. M2Web API
    The M2Web API will allow you to gather realtime data from your eWON device.
    https://developer.ewon.biz/content/m2web-api-0

Both of these options are APIs and will require a developer to work with.

1. Sounds ok.

2.So basicly your M2WEB APIs is something like a website (that is graphically customized by us) and can collect data from the devices with the help of eWon Flexy.

In short, I can see what’s happening on the machines from my web browser.

Is it possible to send me a screenshot of some existing APIs that you already have?
So that I can see how it looks like in real life. :slight_smile:

@Octo_Frost

The M2Web API is not a website, it is a RESTFul API. This means you can issue calls to the backend to retrieve information from your account.

Below is an example of an eWON using the API to send tag data to another eWON.

Really helpful information!!

Is it required to have an eWon device in my office to recieve the data from the other eWons or can it be done in some other way?

Thank you !

@Octo_Frost

You can use any other mechanism as well. These are simply REST apis so anything that can make an HTTPs call can accomplish this.