Impossible to connect USB, GW status blink red

Hi,

I got problem with AB7629-F Profibus Master - Modbus TCP.
I can’t connect trough the USB port.
I try with Putty, or with Anybus Configuration Manager. Try with Anybus NetTool for profibus too.

Connection timeout.
There is 1 DB permanent Green LED and 1 GW status blinking RED.

When i try to electrical reboot the gateway, both GW status are orange and DB green for 1 minute or little more , and after it’s the DB GREEN and the blinking GW status RED.

The problème has appair when i change the configuration of the x-gateway by adding card to a IM-153-1 ET200M profibus adaptator.

I try the same configuration on a new gateway and it’s works fine.

Somebody can help me please?

Cédric B.
Automation project lead

Hello Cedric,

Can you post a screenshot when you try to connect with Anybus Configuration Manager(ACM)?

• When you are using a ACM, did you see your gateway on the correct COM PORT [ACM -->Online → Select Connection → Anybus Serial Conenction–> Config → Module Serial /COM-Port]

• The configuration of the Profibus side with nettool is done by the NULL MODEM Configuration cable (not included to the package) next to the Profibus port. It is basically cross RS232 cable ( RX–>TX, TX–>RS, GND–>GND)

Best regards,
Mert

Hello,

Is there anything that I can help you?

Best regards,
Mert

Hello Mert,

I work with Cédric B. on the same project.

• I can see the gateway on the correct COM PORT and I can connect successfully with Anybus Configuration Manager.
  • The problem occurs when I tried to download configuration to the device.
  • The DB still is lightening green and the GW Status still blinking Red as Cédric B. said previously.

Here a photo of the condition of the gateway (the one on the right) on restart and a screenshot when I try to download configuration.

Regards,

Fabien M.

Hello Fabien,

Could you try to connect via HyperTerminal? You can download from below link. You will see a file “X-gateway and HyperTerminal.zip”. If it wouldn’t work directly, could you try to do power cycle while it is connected?

https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/other-files/hms-scd-1204-204.zip?sfvrsn=9977b4d6_4

Best regards,
Mert

Hi,

Thank-you for your prompt response.
We managed to connect with HyperTerminal and here is the display log.
Display log.txt (17.2 KB)

Regards,
Fabien M.

Hello Fabien,

Could you create a case with these screenshots and steps that you have done on mysupport.hms.se?

Best regards,
Mert

I have a similar problem with AB7663-F

• I can’t upload or download trough the USB port.
  • I can see the gateway on the correct COM PORT and I can connect successfully with Anybus Configuration Manager.
  • But GW status is green.

Can help me please?
Luis G.