Intesis BACnet Client to KNX Gateway Catalogs database for ETS5

Dear members. May I know how to find Intesis BACnet Client to KNX Gateway Catalogs database to integrate with ETS5? I tried to find out reference but could not find it.Anyone can help me with this?

TIA
Andrew

Hello,

What Gateway are you working with, can you share the order code with me?
Most of the mapping/catalogs will be found in the user manual for the devices or you would be using MAPS to create your own mapping.

Here is the user manual for the INKNXBACxxx0000. The signals setup is covered on page 21.

User Manual INKNXBACxxx0000 (hms-networks.com)

Deryck

1 Like

Daar Deryck. My equipment order code is INKNXBAC2500000. I would like to integrate into ETS to work with ABB KNX system. I would like to know that how can I get the catalog database to map with ETS software?

Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We are not too familiar with KNX here in the US where i am based out of and I’m not familiar with ETS. I am waiting to hear back from my European counter parts to see if they have any details.

My expectation is that the KNX software would scan the device once connected to read what parameters are available. What parameters exist on the device would depend on the parameters configured on the device though MAPS.

Have you created a configuration in MAPS?

Dear Deryck. In ETS 5 , there are some database for intesis but could not find the one I am using one.As you said the ETS have to scan the signal from Intesis automatically but I haven’t tested it yet as I haven’t configure the MAPS yet.Last time I have some issue connecting with Mitsubishi AE 200 from BAC-Net client side could not find when explore BAC-Net object.I haven’t retest it as office is closed due Pandamic. I will try again and if any issue I will let you know back.

Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

My colleagues have explained that the device is not designed to be configured by means of ETS5, rather you need to configure it though maps as I mentioned. Once this is done you would link the groups to the devices on your KNX installation to control or read from them. The main thing to have in mind as per any other KNX setup is that there is no other device using the same physical address of the gateway.

If you are in a large KNX installation with line couplers or equipment that requires some communication with our gateway, it is possible that you need to use our Dummy project which can be found here:

Download the file Dummy Intesis

In there you will find a dummy device with multiple communication objects. To implement, you can follow these instructions:

1. Import the dummy project (Dummy Intesis v0.1).
  2. Open the dummy project (Dummy Intesis v0.1).
  3. Locate the dummy device (Dummy Intesis).
  4. Copy this device (right-click with your mouse on the device and select “Copy”).
  5. Paste the device inside your own project (right-click with your mouse on the device and select “Paste”).

After that, the only thing you need to do is to set the dummy with the signals you want to integrate and the same individual address that you configured in MAPS for our gateway.

Once you are done, remember to update all line couplers, so they get noticed about this “new device” and the associated signals that they have to get through the communication bus.

*Sometimes line couplers just need there is a device in the ETS5 project with the same individual address than the configured on our gateway to filter telegrams properly.

Dear deryck. Is dummy device is for ETS or MAPS?

Regards
Andrew

Dear Deryck. Thanks for your information. I have tried to import the dummy intesis into my ETS project as see below;

In this stage we just need to set the individual address that is same with the individual address that we set in Intesis MAPS.Under the dummy intesis objects , there are only a few objects and the objects datas will be updated automatically under dummy intesis when we connect intesis box with KNX connection group?

Regards
Andrew

Yes this sounds correct. Once you connect it let me know if you run into any other issues.

Deryck

Hello,
I have more than 4 groupaddress of 1 bit. The Objekt-A will be full so how can i add more 1 bit objekt in ETS ?
I have already created the list on MAPS :wink:
Thank you !

Please submit this request to support.hms-networks.com So we can reach out to Intesis support team.