Invalid file call and NTP error

Hello,
Any idea what does this message in the event logs folder mean:

31/03/2020 01:49:01 23613 exp-The SSI parameter in the user file call is invalid

Also I chose to use NTP to synchronize date and time as follows:

And I get this error everytime it tries to:

NTP Synchro -21627 NTP time synchronization failed 30/03/2020 09:22:52 30/03/2020 09:23:22

Hello,

Is this device a wifi unit?

Can you attach a backup with support files so that i may review the entire settings. You can download the backup with support files using eBuddy with a connection established to the unit.

The NTP server error looks to be an issue with getting updated time from our servers. I will have to review the logs to determine what exactly is the point of failure.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
How do you want me to send the backup?

Hello,

You can respond here, and upload the files. They will be sent to our private queue where only our admins can review the documentation.

This is a Flexy201 unit with a flexy 3101 module. No wifi.

I’m sending the backup attached.

The system was updated 2 days ago. We were receiving the logs flawlessly until the one that arrived incomplete at 1:48:40 this morning.

Done.

Thank you.

A few more words about the 1:48:40 incident.

eWon is setup to generate an HT log every 7.5 hours, compress the log, save it to the SD memory, and send a copy to my email.

It has been working that way since Sept last year, using 13.3s0

I upgraded to 14.0s02, then 14.1s0, and added the compression feature 2 days ago.

The files were arriving with no issues for the last 2 days, until the one at 1:48:40 that was incomplete. The following file at 9:18:40 arrived OK.

Hope this clarifies a little the issue. Or makes it more complicated
:blush:

Thank you.

Hello,

So i took a look at the event logs and found the error you are looking for.

This SSI Parameter error is tied to an issue with the server side of the email. We did have some issues with our Talk2m server this morning, which could be the reason for the error to occur. This has since been resolved.

As fot the NTP Error, do you have the NTP port oppened on your firewall?

You are talking about our network firewall?

Thank you for the clarification about the Talk2m server issue.

Is there any other NTP server I can use instead of ntp.talk2m.com ?

Hello,

Yes i was referring to the firewall configuration. The NTP port is specifically assigned. THe port that needs to be opened for it is, 123.

You can set any NTP server on the unit, but you can also just adjust it manually through the device UI

I was doing the manual adjustments, but eWon clock runs faster , about 20 seconds ahead per day.

Any suggestions about other ntp servers?

"This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination, copying, or use of this electronic email
or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email or telephone call so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete
the original message in its entirety. Thank you.”

We don’t have any officially supported NTP servers beyond our talk2m relay server.

There are other public NTP servers that you can use. They can be found at the link below:

https://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

Tried with time.nist.gov without specifying a port and it didn’t work.

Tried with port 123 and it did work fine!

time.nist.gov , port 123

Thank you very much for your support.

Hello,

I had the same issue this morning. The file attached to the email sent by eWon arrived incomplete.

The Event logs shows this:
03/04/2020 04:48:34 23613 exp-The SSI parameter in the user file call is invalid

Any thoughts?
Thank you.

I checked the event logs of first incident of the issue, and it look like an export error within the BASIC Code.

I think the issue may stem for the Generate Report function you have in your Script. There may be an invalid parameter that occurs periodically that would send this error.

What information is incomplete when you recieve the report?

The file just arrives truncated. When you look for the same file on the SD memory it is OK.

So the issue happens during transmission.

"This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination, copying, or use of this electronic email
or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email or telephone call so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete

I use WRITEEBD with compression to the SD memory and that is always OK. No problem with the files on the SD memory.

Then the file is sent via email.

eWOn is sending 3-4 files per day. The issue has happened twice since March 30th.

I have received the rest of the files with no problem at all.

Attaching both files.

The bigger one is the one on the SD memory.

The smaller one is what arrived with the email.

Hello,

The files you attached are corrupted. Do you mind extracting and emailing me those two files?