IPConfig - tool by command line?

Hi Deryck,

is it possible to call IPConfig - tool by command line?

I’m running a Ethernet/IP conformance test which will everytime reset my device’s IP address. Then I need to reconfigure the IP address what would be much faster and easier having a script file for it instead of opening IPconfig and typing in all the required data.

If not, is there an alternative which would provide scripting?

Regards,
Daniel

Hello,

You can not run Anybus IPconfig from a command line. IPconfig does use the HICP protocol to set ip address so you might be able to recreate the functionality for testing. Alternatively you could use DHCP or BootP.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

unfortunately Rockwell’s BOOTP/DHCP Server 2.3.2.0 will not work with my CompactCOM B40.
My CompactCOM has got DHCP on:

But neither Enable DHCP nor Enable BOOTP works, there’s always a “Failed to complete the requested Operation” - error:

Seems there’s no easier way than re-set the IP manually with your IPconfig tool…

Could you propose another free DHCP/BOOTP tool which works fine?

Regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

There could be something else going on with how you have the module configured. Do you know if the carrier module is configuring the IP address settings?

Take a look at page 10 (12 of pdf) of the design guide it provides a flow chart regarding configuring the ip address. https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/manuals-design-guides/hms-hmsi-27-269.pdf?sfvrsn=9b2faad6_35

IPconfig has a DHCP server that can be used Generally it is only used in unique cases when recovering a device.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

our need is to implement on an ATE a procedure that automatically configure the IP of a device under test. We can implement the procedure performing calls via command-line or by functions on a DLL or .NET assembly. It could be possible?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely

Hello @Luigi_Magni ,

I recommend opening a support case on support.hms-networks.com to reach your local support team. I am not aware of any official documentation for the IPconfig dll. They may be able to provide additional details.