Is it possible to configure comcfg.txt ober M2Web API?

Hi all,

is it possible to configure the comcfg.txt by M2Web API?
More precisely, is it possible to download and upload the comcfg.txt by M2Web API?

Thx
Ralf

Hello Ralf,

I am not sure we have a way to do this directly though the m2web API. Can you elaborate on why you are looking to do this we might have another process we could use.

Deryck

Hi Ralf,

You can edit the com.cfg via basic scripting with SETSYS COM. See section 3.32 of the Programmers manual. This can be used in conjunction with the ExeScriptForm call thought m2web. https://developer.ewon.biz/content/execute-basic-scripts-ewon

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

thanks for the feedback.
My intention of the question is that I am currently creating a program for our service departments to monitor and in some cases “operate” the routers by M2Web.
This gave me the idea if I could add “simple” configurations right away.
I will take a look at your last post and try it.

Thx
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Depending on how you are looking to configure these you might be able to use the FTP or SD card setup options.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

i know the last two possibilities also only the idea was that you can do this remotely without logging in by eCatcher.
In addition, the idea is to provide our sales force colleagues with a tool with which they can change settings quickly and easily.
So I thought it “might be” easy to make the changes directly via M2Web-API.

Thx
Ralf

I see, as you can see there really isn’t an easy option for this.