Is it possible to install and use both the V3 and V4 drivers on the same PC?

Is it possible to install and use both the V3 and V4 drivers on the same PC?

We would not recommend that because having multiple VCI drivers could cause issues connecting with devices

Yes, but the issue is for development: We’d like to be able to develop for both legacy (V3) deployments and new (V4) deployments.

So, is it possible in a development environment? It is rather inconvenient having to maintain two separate development platforms.

Could one simply use the Windows Services to Start/Stop the V3 and V4 drivers?

I’m not really sure how that would affect the drivers, but I’d recommend that you try to keep the VCI drivers on separate devices.

I’m not saying that it wouldn’t work though, just that we haven’t had the chance to try that out.

I understand you do not recommend. We don’t recommend it for our customers. But for development purposes, since we must support both new and legacy customers, is it possible to install both V3 and V4 on the same PC? We would not try to run them simultaneously. Are there issues we should be aware of? Thanks.

Hi John,

They’re really only setup to work with one version per device. We don’t support having more than one installed a device but If you want to try it out with the windows service start/stop you can, but we can’t guarantee that it will work.