Issue with Flexy on Verizon

Hi, I am experiencing issues to connect to our Flexy in the field through Talk2M. It is on Verizon. I had this issue at the beginning of August and now it is back. At the time I did the “Force TCP” fix, I tried to apply the fix again but it does not go through and it gets stuck in “current operation”.
Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @ccllc,

Is the device passing the internet wizard without issues? Can you send me a backup.tar file of the device with support files included?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
No the device does not pass the wizard. It gets stuck on the page that checks the connection, after the page where the force tcp setup option. I have connection issues from remote and I am not sure I can download the backup file. I will try.
Do you have any suggestion on something I should try in the meantime?

Thanks,
Fabio

Hi Tim,
please, find attached the backup file. I changed the extension from .tar to .pdf so it would not get blocked by the email. Change it back to .tar to read.
Please, let me know.

Thank you,
Fabio

eWON - Copy.pdf (2.4 MB)

From what I’m seeing in that file, it doesn’t seem like it’s having issues getting online. It looks like it reaches the maximum connection time of 1 hour (the default value) and then disconnects.

Could I take a look at this with you over TeamViewer when you’re free?

-Tim

Tim,
Is there a way to connect with you directly to do this? When I try with the tech support number I can never get through from the wait.

Thanks,
Fabio

Can you send me a DM with your phone number and I’ll give you a call?

My cell is [Redacted]. I should be back home in about 15 min.

Thanks!
Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Unfortunately our hours are only from 8AM-5PM Eastern Time. I can try and help you out for the next few minutes but we might need to try and do some of this tomorrow

-Tim

Hi Fabio,

I remember that I gave you a call at the end of the day when we last talked, but I can’t remember where we left off, is this still an issue?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
I am waiting for the customer to go to the site so we can setup the “force tcp” while I am connected by wire. I should be able to go this week but I have no confirmation yet. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks,
Fabio

Thanks for the update Fabio, I’ll keep an eye out for your next message

Hi Tim,
I have a quick question. The customer here in Columbus wants to switch the flexy from cellular to WAN. Let’s say I attempt to do this and something goes wrong, can I restore the flexy to the original cellular connection by restoring it with ebuddy?
Also, would it be possible to schedule a time with you when I am doing this operation on the flexy so we minimize disruptions?

Thanks very much,
Fabio

Hi @ccllc,

You can create a backup while the device is still configured to use the cellular connection and then if you decide to go back to a cellular connection, you can just restore that backup.

I should be able to schedule a time to work on this with you, for the most part we’re available 8AM-5PM Eastern Standard time

-Tim

Thanks Tim,
I just wanted to make sure that a restore from backup would also restore the cellular connection.
I will let you know in advance for a potential time for a call, so you can let me know if it works for you.

Thanks again!
Fabio

Ok sounds good, feel free to send me another message when you’re ready to take a look at this

Hi Fabio,

Just wanted to check if you had time to take a look at this again yet?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
unfortunately I have not been able to go to the site yet. We are trying to solve another issue there and it might take some time before we can get to this other matter. Thanks for checking, I will contact you as soon as we are ready.

Thanks!
Fabio

Thanks for the update Fabio, let me know when you get a chance to look at this

I’m going to mark this solved for now, but feel free to reply again when you get to the location and I’ll reopen the ticket

-Tim