Ixxat USB-to-CAN V2 Plugin Bus Off Recovery

Hello,

We’re developing an application with the USB-to-CAN V2 plugin. One of the issues we’ve encountered is: how can our application recover from a Bus Off condition? The documentation doesn’t seem to indicate the best way to do this.

-Steve Hayashi

Hello,

This issue will need to be answered by our Ixxat global team located in Germany. To best answer this request can you submit a ticket to our global support platform: https://mysupport.hms.se/en-US/

This will allow me to escalate the issue and get you a response quicker.

Regards,
Deryck

I had a support ticket for this same issue to pick up where Stephen left off. (I work with Stephen). I can no longer access the ticket:
IXXAT Bus Off CRM:0357000037
https://mysupport.hms.se/en-US/edit-case-support/?id=efafe23a-10ba-e911-b083-28187887d079
I responded to support@hms.se and was informed by Kyle that the ticket still exists and they are awaiting response to an email I either didn’t receive or inadvertently deleted. Could you track down the ticket and let me know how I can access it to update?

Hi David,

Here is the email from Aug 9th:

1. Unfortunately we could not reproduce the problem. Could you please let me know:

1.1. Which version of the USB-to-CAN V2 plugin do you use?

1.2. Which version of the VCI driver do you use?

1.3. Which .NET Dll is used? Vcinet2.dll or vcinet4.dll?

1. Could you please let me know if you can reproduce the problem with the VCI3.NET-API application from the attachment.
    VCI3.NET-Example.zip (1.1 MB)

The application initializes the USB-to-CAN V2 and send CAN messages with ID = 0x100 cyclically. The application checks the status of the CAN controller cyclically and stops/starts the CAN controller when CAN-Bus-Off occurs. I caused CAN-Bus-Off with a short between CAN_H and CAN_L wires for few seconds and the application successfully runs. As the second CAN node I used a CAN-IB600/PCIe CAN interface board with canAnalyser V3 mini that I had to stop/start manually when the CAN controller of the CAN-IB600/PCIe was in the CAN-Bus-Off mode.

1. Could you please let me know if the CAN bus is always terminated with two CAN termination resistors?

1.1 Using version 1.2 of the hardware
1.2 Using VCI driver 3.5: vci_3_5_4_4543.exe
1.3 Using vcinet4.dll
2 I cannot run this example, when it comes to SelectDevice() the following exception is thrown:
System.IO.FileLoadException: ‘Mixed mode assembly is built against version ‘v2.0.50727’ of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.’

1. The CAN bus is terminated on each end with termination resistors.

Topic closed due to inactivity.