IXXAT VCI V3 Driver crashes Windows 10

After finishing the VCI V3 driver install on a Windows 10 machine, the computer tries to repair the system. It will not boot in safe mode. I did a full factory restore of the system, with no AV and new driver executable, and the install causes boot issues after install. Does any one else have this trouble? Do I need to install the drivers with an exe?

Do you still get this behavior when you use our VCI V4 drivers? They can be downloaded at the following link,

https://www.ixxat.com/docs/librariesprovider8/default-document-library/downloads/vci-v3/vci-4_0_482_0.exe?sfvrsn=fad4bad6_36&download=true

I have not tried V4 since we need LabView integration. I can try V4 if you think it will help solve the V3 issue. I see you linked the installation that is not Attestation (certificate?) signed. The V3 has unsigned drivers that could be causing the problem.

The unsigned drivers are the problem. The new computer came with secure boot enabled and can’t have unsigned drivers installed. I turned off secure boot and the install goes through fine. As for V4, when will labview API be available so we can have secure boot and LabView together?

That makes sense, I am glad you tried turning off secure boot on your own.

I am inquiring about your question on the Labview API. I will let you know once I know more.

Nick

We do have a beta Labview API for VCI V4, If you are interested in receiving this you can reach out to our support directly over phone (312-829-0601) or private message an HMS user on hms.how.

Once I have information on the official release I will provide it, thanks!

Nick

I wanted to add the following,

VCI V3 is not released / supported for Windows 10 with secure boot activated. Once we have completed the update it will be mandatory to use VCI V4 on Windows 10.