Logging tag copy/paste or import/export

hello, anyway to make life easier between multiple project with the same tag list?
can we copy/paste or import/export of the tags?

Hi Charles,

You can just copy and paste the tags from the config.txt file in the root of the Flexy. You will see them near the end of the file.

Kyle

hi Kyle,
found the file, and I saved it to my desktop. how should I import this file to another flexy? is it possible?

Download the same file from the Flexy you are transferring tags to and paste the tags in it. Save it and then upload it to the device. Replace the old config.txt.

where I can perform upload?

can not find where I can upload the file to the device.

Hi Charles,

You will use FTP to upload and download the files from the Flexy. If you don’t have an FTP client, Filezilla is a good free one (Windows x64 version):

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64

Kyle

FileZilla works and it says I transferred the file successfully. but it didn’t actually overwrite the tag list with my changes made.
anything I made it wrong?

Make sure to reboot the device after uploading the file.

comcfg.txt (12.0 KB)
comcfgv2.txt (9.1 KB)
these are the two files: one is the file I exported from eWON using FTP, it doesn’t show tags, the other one is the file I saved. then I deleted couple tags and use FTP to transfer back. it finished but making no difference on the tag list.

will try reboot

tried reboot, the change doesn’t appear on the tag list. any suggestion?
thanks,

Did you say you deleted the tags? I thought you were trying to add tags. Changing the file appends tags, so if you delete tags, nothign changes.

let me show you the steps I did, see if you can point out where the problem is:

1. create the tags;
  2. under file transfer, save as comcfg file to local;
  3. open comcfg file in local and deleted several lines in tag group, and save.
  4. use FTP to transfer the comcfg file to eWON (10.213.164.3 port 21, in my case)
  5. reboot eWON

ok, I will try to add tags then.
I think I will just delete the existing tags from ewon, and then use FTP to transfer the file back which has the full list of tags.

ok, adding works right away, don’t even need to reboot.
great, this will save me lots of time.
thank you