LogGroupIO question

Is it possible to use LogGroupIO on MEM tags? They do not have a topic name of “A”, “B”, or “C”.

In order to use LOGGROUPIO the tags that you’re calling need to be in group A B C and/or D

Thanks @Tim_hms !

Is there a different work around to log all Memory tags without typing out each name in the script then?

Hey Nick,

Are you trying to send out a file containing historical data of your tags or is it something else you’re trying to do with this?

We have a customer that has Datamailbox integration, and they want to be able to force read all of the tags. For some reason if the tags are historically logged before they are ready to record this information (their software does not see a change), the information will never be logged.

Ok in this case I think it might just be easier to try and add all of the tags to either one group, or if that ends up being too much for LogGroupIO, then i’d break it into multiple calls and break them into groups a,b,c, and d

Tim,

Thank you for the suggestion and correct me if I’m wrong, but the memory tags cannot be assigned to a group of A,B,C,D. Is there a different group that MEM tags can be assigned to and still be able to use LogGroupIO?

Thank you.

You should be able to assign memory tags to groups without any issue

1 Like

@Tim_hms

I see it now, I was only looking at the “Topic Name” dropdown.

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome!