Lost Network Connection after VPN Setup

Kyle,
Should it be set to allow all?

I am not sure if they are turning off completely.

All I know is that they are losing connection then turning back on which stops my program.

Well, that depends. Do you want to be able to access the Ewon from the WAN (plant network)? If so, set to allow all (2). If not, you can leave it at (3) and just accept VPN traffic and ping. This doesn’t effect the VPN connection though. It sounds like you have another problem altogether.

Can you try setting the DNS servers in the Internet Wizard to public DNS servers, like 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1? I see that they are set now to DNS servers on the private network in another subnet. Maybe they can’t be reached.

Do you know if your company has made any changes to the security (firewall, proxy, etc.) of the network recently?

I set it to allow all and I set the DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8. However, when I connect to the vpn, I am still losing local network connectivity.

I can check with IT tomorrow to see if there were changes, however the VPN is still working on my other flexy whose backup is the basis of the current one we are working on.

If you think it would help I am available tomorrow to look at this on teamviewer.

Thanks!

Have you tried re-running the T2M Wizard? If you restored a backup from another device, there may be a conflict between them.

Kyle,

Yes I have rerun the T2M Wizard 4 or five times, and I have even tried setting up a new ewon to connect it to on T2M.

What is the firmware on the Flexy that is working? Can you give me the serial number?

Have you tried doing a factory reset yet? (Reset procedure is the same for Cosy 131 and Flexy 205)

Here is the page to refer your IT dept to: Ewon Technical Support - Talk2M VPN Servers

It shows the servers that need to be accessible to the Ewon.

Kyle,
They are both 14.3s0.

The working one’s serial number is:2045-0130-24

The one that’s not working is: 2103-0092-24

I have not tried factory resetting it yet. Should I then use a current backup to restore it?

Please try resetting it and then just configure it manually to get it connected to T2M BEFORE restoring any configuration to it.

Kyle,

I factory reset the flexy and encountered the same problem.

Please provide a backup of the “working” device.

I will grab that backup as soon as possible, but I just had another instance of one of the “not working flexy” losing connection. It rebooted and when it came back up my basic ide program was not running, meaning that I lost some logging, is it possible to set my script to run on startup?

Additionally, here is the event list that proceeded the restart, It happened just before 11AM.

Are you using the Datamailbox? It looks like these errors are just the result of the connection problem.

In the BASIC IDE click Run and check Autorun:

Yes I am using the data mailbox and I set autorun.

Can you provide a new backup of each device now that the changes have been made?

Kyle, here are both of the backups.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (1.9 MB) MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (105 KB)

It looks like you may have overwritten one device with a backup of another:

2021-05-14T19:20:13 GMT INFO: DEV1099264:Old eWON serial number [2103-0090-24] was overwritten by [2103-0092-24] during registration for eWON: CF2

The devices are conflicting in T2M. You should reset both of them back to factory defaults, then run the Internet and T2M Wizards again to see if you can get them both back online.

Is it not possible for me to change the serial number so that they are not conflicting.

This can happen when you restore a backup from one device to another device. They will have identical settings so T2M cannot tell them apart and it causes a conflict.

Okay, I will try this and get back to you.

The Ewon on CF1 has serial number [2103-0092-24] on the box.

I also looked in talk2m and on the flexy homepages and there are no overlaps in serial number.

I am still unable to connect through ethernet when the vpn is connected on the CF1 flexy.