M2web devices offline

Hi Deryck,
Thank you very much for checking.
If there is anything that they may need me to do please just let me know.
Thanks again.

Hi Deryck,
I thought I would let you know that it seems that they have corrected the even number units that I have but the odd number units still won’t work on the web page.
Just wanted to update you.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I took a look myself it looks like they are all maintaining their online status but as you point out the odd numbered ones are not showing their KPI’s. Just to be sure you didn’t somehow just not setup the KPI’s for the odd device?

I’ll forward this to the developers to make sure they are aware.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,
Thank you for taking a look at it.
I wish I would have forgotten the odd numbered ones! That would be an easy fix. Unfortunately I did them all.
I also checked the eCatcher and it doesn’t show the KPI’s like it once did. It would actually show them without having to connect to each unit. The only time you can see the KPI’s now it to connect and then go to the setup of the eWon and then it shows it in the summary.
So, its not only not working correctly on the web page, but also the eCatcher.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for taking it to the developers. I really appreciate it.
Scott

Hi Deryck,
It looks like this same issue was started in this forum:

Hello @HarleyMan2017,

I looked over that issue and checked with the engineer that worked on that case. The issue at the time was related to the ewons publishing the KPI’s. Based on the feedback I have from the developers it looks like your issue is more related to how the webpage is retrieving and displaying the data.

I am checking in with the dev team and hope to have an update for you Monday. My expectation is that this will be resolved by the end of next week.

Deryck

Hello @HarleyMan2017,

Would you be able to provide the adm password for at least one of the ewons? We would like to take a look at how the devices are pushing the KPI info up to m2web.

Regards,
Deryck

I added the default back on on … adm for username and adm for password.

Hello @HarleyMan2017

My colleagues are asking for access to additional ewons they saw a few issues with the ability to read data from pipeliner3 and we want to see if this is seen in the other devices exhibiting the same issues. Would you be able to set at least one additional device to the defaults for us to look at?

Deryck

I changed all the machines over to the default except PipeLiner2. I’m having problems connecting to that one.

Thanks. To test another theory would i be able to temporally change the name of one the ewons? This shouldn’t cause any issues and i will be changing it back after.

Deryck

That will be fine

Hello @HarleyMan2017,

It looks like the issue seem related to the opc connection used. Rebooting the devices seemed to restore most of the connection. I still see some issues with Pipeliner #7 and #9. I am asking my colleague to take another look him self Monday.

Regards,
Deryck

Good Morning Deryck,

I’ve noticed this morning that all of the units are online to where you can see their KPI’s. It looks like this issue has been resolved!
Thank you very much! I’m assuming I can change #3 back to its original name now right?

Hi,

Yes the issue looks like it is resolved there seemed to be some issue with the opcua connection used for the KPI’s. Let us know if the issue returns.

You should be set on the name, I had already changed the name back this morning.

Thank you for you patience with this issue.

Regards,
Deryck

Hi Deryck,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the kpi isn’t working again. I tried the webpage and ecatcher and neither is showing the kpi.

Yes I noticed this a little while ago. I have already been looking into this and have asked the our team in belgium to look into it as well.

Deryck

This issue should be resolved. Let me know you see any remaining issue.

Deryck

Good Morning Deryck,
I’m seeing that several of my units aren’t showing their KPI’s again. I also am seeing that once connected to these devices that they seem to lose connection. I noticed this issue starting yesterday and have noticed it again this morning.

Good morning,

I will need to ask the m2web team to take a look. I will forward them the login you previously share.

Are the ewons dropping offline or are you just losing connection with m2web?

Deryck