M2Web Login to web application

I can connect to a PC via my eWon Flexy without issues.
However, I am running a web application on the connected PC and I am trying to login to that application.
When I enter Username & PAssword for my local app, M2Web interprets it as an attempt to login to it and takes me back to the M2Web login screen.
How do I get M2Web to ignore “local commands” and allow me to login to my own application?

Hi Steve,

Can you check if it seems to work fine on eCatcher and eCatcher Mobile? I want to check if this is just an issue with eCatcher

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I can connect to the unit and login using eCatcher:

I can also connect using M2Web.

The problemm I have is that the device I am connecting to is running a web application which has a user login:

When I try to access this and input detail using M2Web, it thinks I am trying to enter M2Web details and presents the following screen:

As such, I can not log in to my web app using M2Web.

eCatcher is fine but this limits us based on connections. We want the unlimited access via M2Web for “browsing” and reserving the eCatcher connections for eWon admin etc.

Regards,

Steve

M2Web has been known to have issues connecting to certain types of devices in the past, but just to make sure, do you have a tablet or phone that you can try to connect to this device with using eCatcher Mobile?

Hi Tim

Just tried eCatcher Mobile on the phone and that allows me to login.

So just the M2Web system that causes me a problem.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks for the update, If that’s the case we’ll likely need to try and escalate this to the team in Belgium to see if they can take a look at it

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to check if this was still an issue or something that was resolved?

-Tim

It has been logged as requiring a development which I believe the team are already working on now. Probably won’t be available until the New Year now.

Ok I just found the escalated ticket, I’ll close this one out for now and let you know on the escalated ticket when they have it resolved.

Best Regards,
-Tim

How was this sorted? I have the exact same problem with the m2web.

Hi, we had to use eCatcher instead as there was no way around it which obviously limits access.
It went off to the Dev Team to be fixed but never heard anything back so it may have been addressed, the fact that you say you have the same problem implies not.
Escalate it again, the more people who it causes issues for, the quicker they may sort it.

@Tim_hms Can you help with this please?

Hello,

I’ll ping the escalated ticket and see if they have any new information I can share on this.

-Tim

It looks like they are working on an M2Web fix that should be available near the end of April or early May that will hopefully be able to resolve this issue